Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
dry rash on hands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

dry rash on hands

A few weeks after arriving to Spain for a study abroad program, I noticed my hands would get very dry after taking a shower. I didn't think too much of it at first and bought some lotion for the dryness. However, last week I noticed that this wasn't just dryness. There are dry bumpy areas all over the middle of my palms and these areas have extended onto the webs of my fingers and a bit on some of my fingers. It does not itch, or hurt. There is no liquid or pus or redness. There are just some rough, bumpy white areas on the palms of my hands, and there seem to be tiny holes these areas, which look like the large pores some people have on their noses. As soon as my hands dry, I can barely tell there's anything there, but once I get out of the shower they become larger and more apparent. I went to the doctor here in Spain and she didn't know what it was. I told them her it may be some type of fungus and she prescribed a Clotrimazol cream, which i have been applying for a couple of days. I see no difference. I have not been using any type of creams or soaps that I would not normally use back home. Does anyone have any thought on what this could be?