Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
i need to know

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

i need to know

I'm facing jail time for something i didn't do. I am 21 years old and my son was born 10-22-08. 2weeks after birth he started getting red dots on his face.  The pediatrician said there's nothing to worry about his color is just coming in.  the next week the dots got darker sort of like bruises but only on his face. Once again his doctor said it was nothing to worry about. I had to disagree because they would come and go throughout the day. And, of course, he didn't have them at his appointment. She then told me sometimes babies cry and break blood vessels causing bruises in there faces. The only thing that bothered me about that explanation is that my son almost NEVER cried. And it's almost impossible to explain that these marks aren't normal and they were never there when i needed them to be. On November 25, 2008 my son had to be admitted to the emergency room. He was seizing, he had these bruises covering his face, internal bleeding in his head and he was almost unconscious ( i woke up to see this when i noticed he didn't wake up to eat at his normal time). The doctors immediately called it child abuse and i haven't had my son since. The only thing i can think of is he had this "hematoma" on his head that had fluid in it and a day after the fluid disappeared his all happened so maybe a rupture or a leak.  But this hematoma the doctors "at birth" said it would go away in a matter of weeks which it didn't. They said it was from labor trauma but is that even possible since i had such an easy labor and nothing was used to get him out?  My son has had multiple blood transfusions and was hospitalized for a week and a half. He is in foster care and is now healthy but still has to be watched closely by doctors and is on seizure meds. I really just want to know if anyone has ever heard of or witnessed such things. Anything, I've been trying to find something since day one and i know reaching out is the best way.  These are some things that I find interesting that the doctors do not.

When my son was admitted to the hospital he had bruises, when he got stable he didn't.  To me that shows an internal problem not child abuse.
          My son was released a week and a half after being there. The doctors told me that he would be there at least 6 months and he would have to be on a respirator for most of the time.
           They said my son would be mentally retarded, he is most definitely not.
            When i got to the hospital they told me the technology they had there would be able to tell them if my son was hit, what he has hit with, and at what angle.  But they do not know anything.

my son is now 8 months and i am missing everything.  he's my first born and the doctors didn't think i could have
any children.  he's my pride and joy and for a while i thought God would take care of it and everything would work out.  I still believe that but sometimes it just gets so hard. They say God doesn't give you more than what you can handle. so i know i can handle it even if i couldn't this isn't for me it's for my child and I'll do whatever i have to do for however long, I just want to know what's wrong with my baby.  PLEASE help us!!!