Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
seizures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

seizures?

What signs should i be looking for if my daughter was to have a seizure? are there any specific signs of a mild seizure at all?  I don't think she's had any--but i'm not really sure what I should be looking for--If she had a big one---I think I'd know right?
When my daughter had her first seizure , i didnt know what it was but i knew it was not normal. since she was only 5 days old, it looked like a hiccup but with no sound , she had a fixed stare and her arm and leg were moving also like a jolt at the same time as her little head. after she finished the seizure, she would turn blue because of lack of oxygen. it was really scarry for me. i took her right away to the hospital and after a few days thats when she was diagnosed with IP.
hope this helps... how old is your daughter?
she is now 9 weeks old.  We saw her pediatrican yesterday and from what I described to him and what he described to me--I don't think shes has had a seizure? but the wierd movements with her arm and leg were weeks before she was diagnosed so I wasn't even looking for one or paying close attention at the time.  she was diagnosed 2 weeks ago.