why mri
twice now i heard of babies with ip getting mri why is this? what are they looking for and do all kids with ip have to get them done?  any help appreciated
There could be a number of reasons for an MRI.  It would be most appropriate for you to ask you pediatrician why he feels MRI's are necessary.
the nervous system in these babies is one of the major concerns, that includes the brain.  There have been cases of lesions on the brain, strokes(my daughter has numerous lesions on her brain and my granddaughter at 3 months of age has had 2 strokes.
My Grand Daughter was recently diagnosised with IP & MRI showed lesions on the brain and stroke in right frontal lobe. I am still looking for answers as to the cause of these problems. I have read small vessel infarcts & possible lesions in the vessel tissue. Did either your daughter or grand daughter have IP lesions on the scalp? I also read that there maybe a connection. I recently read that there have been MRI's that showed all these problems shortly after birth and few months of age, that did not show up on later MRI scans or the results were greatly improved.
It is so much better to see real people discuss IP, Medical journals are important but probably show the worst of everything.
Good luck and God Bless :)