Infectious Diseases Community
300mg of clindamycin for a year
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

300mg of clindamycin for a year

My doctor is starting me on 300mg of clindamycin 4 times a day for a year. I have 3 different bacterias from foot surgery. Isn't this too long to take this drug? I am worried about long term side effects. Has anyone taken this drug for this long?
Thanks
Hi,
How are you? treatment indication is usually based on the medical conditions present and usually your doctor has better assessment that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. However, if you have doubts about this especially if the length of intake is 1 year, it is best that you discuss this with your doctor. While many people using this medication do not have serious side effects, prolonged intake may result in oral thrush or a new vaginal yeast infections as well as severe intestinal condition (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) due to a type of resistant bacteria. Regular monitoring of kidney and liver enzymes may also be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...