Any other folks with hidradenitis suppurativa.??
Hello all ;) I have been battling this disease for years now,minimally but its progressively getting worse. For those of you who don't know what this is ,it is a chronic infection of the sweat glands that cause boil like lesions in radom parts of the body..usually arm pits, groin etc...I have pretty much lived off and on antibiotics as that seemed to keep things to a manageable level. However, currently working ,again with infectious disease Dr and just completed 5 week cycle of 2 dif antibiotics, and symptoms returned 2 days post treatment...I'm considering surgery at his point but am up i n the air as to use plastic surgeon or general surgeon, and better yet if you live in the Phila area and have any recommendations of any successful Dr treating such ,please share. Thanks for your time ;)
How are you? For severe or persistent cases or for deep lesions, surgery  may indeed be necessary for this condition. However, I recommend that you discuss this with your attending physician which procedure- whether uncovering the tunnels or tracts or surgical removal of all involved skin is the better option in your case. These procedures, however, does not prevent the disease from returning. A referral  to a specialist from your attending will also help you find the best doctor that specializes in this in your area. Take care and do keep us posted. Best regards.
Thank you so much doctor for your input I do intend to discuss all options with my attending doctor. I will keep you all posted