Infectious Diseases Community
Azithromycin Refill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Azithromycin Refill

I had been sick for 4 weeks and been to primary Care office 2 weeks in told that it was a cold and told to take honey and OTC medications. 3 weeks in again and was given medication to suppress my cough. 4 weeks in I was worse I couls feel my lungs crackle and I was coughing up blood and mucus. I went to my allergy and asthma doctor who prescribed an additional inhaler and Azithromycin (I'm allergic to pennicillin (penicillin)). I didn't know it at the time but also a refill. I just finished my last dose of my 1st prescription. Do start the refil right away or wait 5 days?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The adult azithromycin dose is 500-2000 mg in multiple or single doses. For most infections, azithromycin is taken once daily for a relatively short course of treatment (usually five days). The first dose is often a "double dose," twice as much as the remainder of the doses given. For acute bacterial sinusitis, azithromycin way be taken once daily for three days. So, you may not need any refills for Azithromycin.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.