Infectious Diseases Community
Can the staph still be lingering since April 2010

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Hi, dropped tailgate on foot in April, and in May went into the hospital for a staph infection of the foot (of which I almost lost my foot).  Surgeon did an I&D, was on IV drip of Vancamycin for 5 weeks twice a day. 3 weeks ago had sutures removed.  Am to keep butterfly stripes on and foot clean and wrapped until foot completely heals.  The foot is warm to the touch, red and swollen around the wound, I don't think it's healing correctly and has some yellow puss discharge  Is there a possibility the staph is coming back?  Recommendation?  Meet with surgeon next week, should I seek medical attention now?

Thank you.
If I were you I would have visited the doctor within the shortest period of time. As the wound is clearly infected.

You should check with a doctor and possibly start on antibiotic treatment.

Hope you get well soon.
Regards, John