Infectious Diseases Community
Can you catch syphilis in toilet bowl ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

I was taking a dump and suddenly water splashed in my butt area . after 5 to 6 hours i feel burning sensation in my but area. and some rashes appeared. My question is can i catch any disease in a toilet bowl?? And does urine of a person that has std can be transfer to a another person??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Syphilis (and other sexually transmitted diseases) are transmitted from person to person by direct contact with syphilis sores as well as through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. Though it is unlikely that you get other diseases through the toilet water, factors such as you overall health, medical history and symptoms present are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.
I was reading your post about catching syphillis (syphilis) in a toilet bowl.  Girl are you stupid. The only way to catch an std is through sexual contact. No disrespect but everyone knows this. You can not catch any stds from using the bathroom. Did you finish middle school. They teach that there. The only way you can catch syphillis (syphilis) is through sex. Do some research on syphillis (syphilis) and if you have it go directly to your physician and tell yo partner to go to.