Infectious Diseases Community
Did it take effect

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases, such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Chicken Pox, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne Illnesses, Meningitis, C Diff, Rabies and other Infectious Disease

Did it take effect

how long does zitromax take to dissolve in your body. i vomited 30 mins after taking it. my lymp glans (glands) are swollen, did it take effect even tho i vomited
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? I understand your concern regarding azithromycin absorption. Following oral administration, it is said that azithromycin is rapidly absorbed and distributed widely throughout the body.  The time to peak is around 2 to 3 hours but may be affected by factors such as intake of food, condition present, weight or overall health of the patient. After 30 minutes, it would be difficult to say how much of the medicine has been absorbed. For proper management, it is best that you discuss discuss this also with your doctor for proper management. Take care and regards.