Infectious Diseases Community
EBV/CMV causing an enlarged spleen??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

EBV/CMV causing an enlarged spleen??

For the past 8 mos I have had 6 blood tests done. All 6 show the EBV and CMV viruses. Also I have had an enlarged spleen for at least 5 years. They want to remove my spleen because they can't figure out what is wrong and why it is so big. Could it be that being I ALWAYS test positive for EBV/CMV that my spleen is always fighting it thus being enlarged??
They want to operate in a couple weeks so any help or thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I have heard that EBV will affect the spleen. I think it would be wise to get it taken out so it does not rupture, then you would really be in bad shape.  

If you are not comfortable, you can always get a second opinion, but an enlarged spleen can be very dangerous so please get it taken care of.....

I am positive for EBV, but not having any problems from it.