Enlarged lymph node and staff infection?
I have had an enlarged painless cervical lymph node for a while now. Maybe 1.2 years. I was worried it could be cancerous so i went to the doctor. He said he wasn't worried but if i wanted i could get a blood test. The next day he called and said i have a staph infection which was causing the enlargement. My question is, how could i have a staph infection for more than a year! without any symptoms? I haven't had a fever in years and I don't have any boils or rashes. I feel fine, and even if it was a staph infection wouldn't my lymph node be painful? Can a staph infection just remain dormant and controlled in the blood?
Yes a low grade infection would cause the node to enlarge slow and when a node enlarges slow they tend not to hurt. Fast enlargement causes pain or soreness of the nodes, After treatment you should see a reduction in size, it may not go away totally. Work with your doctor, but I would not worry to much