Infectious Diseases Community
HSV 2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

HSV 2

I need help as my Dr thinks this is all mental. Please note that I will be getting test results shortly. Here is my story, please help

unprotected sex, 3 days later vaginal burning (er no bacteria, no yeast, no gon or clymydia) the burning lasted for 3 days, then returned about a week later for about a week time frame. Then eyes started to burn (just around them on the outside) went to the eye Dr and he said I had dry eyes and gave me eye drops. Then the roof of my mouth started to itch and a "bag" appeared which easily popped with my tongue (rinsed with saline water) then the following week my eyes stared to swell (mainly the lid and has been doing this ever since) went to another eye dr who said I had an infection deep in my eye was put on steroid and antibiotic drops which didn't help, went for follow up and was advised that this isn't an eye problem. I also experienced bouts of brain fog, dry mouth, excessive burping a bout of constipation muscle spasm SEVERE discomfort of the glands in my armpit (applied heat) then it moved to my neck. I had thyroid pain over one weekend which was severe (had thyroid checked by blood and was told all is well) I get pings and pang all around my body. heavy flushed feeling in face, one hand get colder than the other at times, I wake up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I am at a loss of what is going on in my body.

If this is a primary HSV2 infection why is my body going haywire on and off with different symptoms. I have no idea who to even see my Dr thinks I am crazy along with 2 others. Every where I turn to the internet hasn't anything like this happen before. I DON'T have anxiety over the encounter, it is what it is but what is "it" I am really concerned for my over all health at this point.
In addition, I would just like to add that I have NOT had any fever, flu like symptoms etc during this. I have seen 3 Dr's 3 eye Dr's and several visits to urgent care and have NOT had one single diagnosis except for "depression and anxiety"
Anyone have any idea where I could start regarding blood work?
If you have ruled out everything physical then yes, they will go with the mental.  However, you may want to see an infectious disease doctor just to be on the safe side.  
The ID Dr also said I am psychosomatic. This is getting out of control for me. I can't get any type of answers. Although, I am feeling a bit better physically.
If they believe it is all anxiety driven, then you need to address the anxiety to see if that helps.  Make an appointment is a psychologist.  No shame in that.  I have OCD and anxiety.  It can make you feel awful, lose huge amounts of weight, etc.  It takes a huge toll on the body physically as well as the mind.