Infectious Diseases Community
Hepatitis C symptoms.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases, such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Chicken Pox, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne Illnesses, Meningitis, C Diff, Rabies and other Infectious Disease

Hepatitis C symptoms.

Hey everyone. I need your help about symptoms of HEP C you had before treatment. Basicaly my story is that on 2012 june I did a tattoo later on 2013 jan I started feeling terribly. Unexplained weakness and faitgue, insomnia, joint pain, sweating all the time, my body is hot like on fever but there is no fever. Sometimes I have naussea but no vomiting, also my skin is very itchy and dry..Visited every doctor possible everything is okay. Just one thing my ALT went from 50 to 85 and my anti-hcv test was positive.. Liver ultrasound is okay. Scarred to death I am having cirrohsis or cancer :((
Has anyone with hepatitis C expierenced something like that before treatment ?
I do not know yet my viral load because I need to do RNA test..
You have Hepatitis C.  There is treatment available.  You will also need a liver biopsy to see what stage your at.  The stage will tell what treatment,
time you will treat.  Before you let your mind wonder off and being scared...
Find out your stage.  There are people being cured of Hepatitis C everyday
now.  FYI:  I experienced all of what you are saying and successfully was
Treated for Hep C.  I doing really well now.
I would get that liver biopsy if you really what to know what to do.
There is a chance you have only been exposed to Hepatitis C and cleared the virus.  It happens in 20% of people exposed.  That is why you also need to RNA test to confirm the presents on a viral load.  Go get ASAP.  You maybe concerned for nothing.

Good Luck