I keep getting painful, boil-like, infections on my body.
At the age of 13, I had the Nuss procedure performed to correct my pectus excavatum. After two or three years, I had the metal bar removed, both surgeries were successful. After the removal of the bar, I started to get boils around the incision, they would come and go spontaneously. Now, 3 years later, and many emergency room visits later, I have been getting them all over my body. I don't have insurance any more, and this reoccurring issue is becoming to expensive. What do i  do?
How are you? I'm sorry to hear about the recurring skin lesions. Was there a culture of the discharge done in the past? Recurring infection despite antibiotics may suggest resistant microorganisms also and warrants further evaluation by your doctor. If it recurs, it is best that you have this checked and have diagnostic tests done for proper diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.