I think I have herpes Please help
This weekend I shaved my vaginal and anal area with a dull razor, I have sensitive skin but everything seemed ok. Today I noticed 2 red bumps closer to my thigh vaginal/butt area not close to vagina or anus. I thought it was an ingrown hair and tried to pop one but only blood came out. There is no pain. I had unprotected sex with a boyfriend of 3 months and I am on the pill. I have had for years what I thought was Keratosis like bumps (runs in my family) on my butt but the bumps resembled more of the Keratosis then anything the internet has shown me. I am worried this could be herpes or what has been on my butt for years was herpes this whole time. I can't sleep and I am very worried and upset. Please give me any advise.
How are you? You may become infected with herpes if your skin or perineal area comes into contact with someone who already has herpes or if you touch the skin of someone who has herpes sores, blisters, or a rash. To rule this out, culture of fluid from a blister or open sore may be done or blood tests checking for antibody levels may be done. To ease any worry, it is best that you have the bumps checked also by your doctor for proper evaluation. This link may help: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001860/
Take care and do keep us posted.