Infectious Diseases Community
If not Endocarditis, then what?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

If not Endocarditis, then what?

I have cardiomyopathy from pregnancy (dx 12 yrs ago) EF of 50%.

On June 12th I had bony oral surgery without antibiotic cover on infected tissue (wisdom tooth with Pericornitis).
On June 18th I was running low fever and experiencing night sweats
On June 22nd I started getting nail hemmorhages but the fever disappeared.
On June 25th (8 days post symptoms, 13 days post surgery) I had a regular echo, TEE and blood cultures. All negative.
On August 5th I had more Blood cultures and another regular echo (not TEE) - negative.
Everything negative, normal WBC, etc. I have also had fungal and Qfever cultures - negative.

Exhausted, still getting multiple splinter hemmorhages but no fever and rarely a night sweat.

Do you believe we have successfully ruled out Endocarditis? Where should I turn next?
Thanks!
Tags: endocarditis, blood cultures, splinter hemmorhages
Hi,
How are you? It is good that all the diagnostic tests done were negative. Immediate treatment for endocarditis improves the chances of a good outcome. Even despite the normal results, it is best that you get clearance from your cardiologist and have a regular follow-up for proper monitoring. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...