Infectious Diseases Community
Infection Hand from Splinter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Infection Hand from Splinter

what to do i had a splinter in my hand and thought i got it all out but havent my hand been swollen for over a week and i would cut open and squeeze puss out i know i have a infection and its is so tender and hurts its moving up my wrist and arm and now its having red stricks my hand has an infection i went to er two days ago and they cut a little whole and squeezed some puch out and my hand still has some puss in other areas of my hand i been taking antibotics and pain medicine but nothing iss working its getting worst.what to do?
Hi!
If possible go to a wound care clinic and get this sorted out. At the clinic they will remove all dead skin and probably the splinter which is acting as the source of infection. Then they will aseptically clean the wound and call you regularly for dressing. In all probability the splinter is there. You can also show this to your regular doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.