Infectious Diseases Community
Is it folleculitis??? :s

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Is it folleculitis??? :s

i was pregnant and had my baby in june of 09...then about a month later i got just one ingrown pimple on my chest just above my breasts.i thought it was just a normal pimple and thought it would go away so i didnt think about it too much.and it actually did go away. then a couple days later i got another bigger sore this time and it was full of fluid i could feel it. disgusting but i didnt know what was going on.then i broke out and got more down between my breast and they actually opened up with little holes in the center. now being a person who never had an acne problem i almost went crazy. i didnt know what was going on so i went to the doctor. When i showed her she wasnt sure what it was and just gave me an antibiotic..cephalex. so i took that for 10 days and wasnt any better. worse if anything. so i went to a different doctor and there they figured folleculitis of some sort.they gave me amoxi-clav. which i hoped would work but nothing so i went back to the same clinic and seen another lady doctor. she figured the same thing but wasnt sure why it was going away. so she gave me something stronger two antibiotics to take together,novo cloxin and ran-cefprozil.so i thought ok this will definetly will work it had too. But again tookm it for ten days and nothing. i was fed up i didnt know what to do but all i knew i wanted it gone it was embarresing and left horrible deep purplish scars. so again i went to the same clinic and seen a different doctor.By this time i was fed up and it was no better i told him all the antibiotic i took and how it seemed to start out of nowhere.he was puzzled but said this was common sometimes with new moms. But told me the worse words ever that it may never go away that it could be a cronic (chronic) problem. i was crushed but again he offered me an antibiotic to take this time for a month minocycline. This was my last hope i thought so with good thoughts in  mind that just maybe this would work i took it home and for a month took it every day. It never did get any better it would and still does just come and go every week.so from july to present ive been sufereing with this and i have a dermatologist appointment but not until march this year which ***** because to me im already ruined and scarred. so yesterday i went to my family doctor which i havent seen since being pregnant and explained everything to him and also showed him the ingrown like pimples on my chest and told him all the antibiotics i took and he said ok but did they give you any cream and i told him fucidin and he said no that wont work. he said ithink from the pregnancy your hormones are overactive and causing follicle irritataion and he gave me stievamycin. so now i have to use this cream and i really hope this works!!! this is nuts i absolutely no pimple like lesions anywhere else and the chest is the worst cant even wear a tank top too embarresing if anyone has had this problem or currently does id like to hear from you and what you think it is. this is driving me crazy i just dont know!