Infectious Diseases Community
Lyme disease?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Lyme disease?

In 2006 I became so ill my parents thought I might have meneingitis. The clinic they took me to said it was the flu gave me a prescription and sent me home. Less than a week later I was at the E.R. and being referred to a local Neourologist. The spinal tap he preformed left me so ill I was transferred by ambulance to the regional childrens hospital where they repeated the spinal tap to get an accurate opening pressure. When we finally got home we were told the results for the first lp tested positive for Lyme Disease, 6 out of 10 titers. Back to the childrens hospital where they ran an ELISA that was negative. The doctors decided to treat me anyway for four weeks. Sinced this time I have had a constant headache and light and sound sensitivity and basically no life. My question is this, If its not Lyme then what is it? What else could lite up those six titers? This illness has a date it began but still continues. Could the second lp and following blood patch have caused this? Or was another tickborne illness overlooked? We had lived in Montana where I swam in a natural stream and were in Missoutri when I ffirst became ill and now we are back in Texas if any of that matters.
You need to have IGENEX labs do the testing.  They are most accurate.  Labcorp and quest are not sensative.  You also might have a co-infection with Mycoplasma Fermentans-Incognius,  70% of Lymes have co-infections with this and Bartonella, Babesia, Brucella.  There is evidence this was a biowarfare **** and we are paying the price.  I know.  You or your parents need to check out www.immed.org  and www.ILADS.com.  The Fed gov't is denying Lyme is a chronic condition after initial antibiotic.  They are lying.  Watch videos on Youtube under search "under our skin", about Lyme sufferers and how they are being systematically missdiagnosed.    PM me if you want further details.   Good luck!