MRSA and UTI
I have MRSA (found through colonization of urine due to UTI). I have had chronic UTI's for years now and my dr just treats them with antibiotics everytime and does an ultrasound to make sure nothing serious going on in there like cancer or kidney disease.  I do not have a skin infection....I am experiencing UTI symptoms, fatigue, my whole body is very sore and achy especially my neck and shoulders and lower back.  Have been through 2 weeks of Bactrim DS and three days after I finished meds...the UTI symptoms came back in full force including urinating blood (OUCH!).  My dr prescribed another 20 days of Bactrim last Wednesday and called today to tell me that when they cultered the urine again it was resistent to Bactrim so he called me in something else.  I am a little worried about this and dr seems to not be worried at all...except for saying this is not good when he told me I had MRSA.  I guess I am worried because I have taken so many antibiotics over the years and worry about nothing working because my body has become immune to the med. I am only 34 and have three small children and just would like some answers from a professional on whether I should go see another dr.  I have read online in many places that once it gets into your bloodstream that it can cause many life threatening problems.  Should I talk to my dr or another dr about getting iv fluids or something so that we can fight the MRSA faster? My dr hasn't mentioned IV fluids yet but I have read about a lot of people needing that in the end anyway.  Doesn't it seem to make more sense to try and fight it that way first if thats what we might have to do anyway? I know the hospitals don't want MRSA patients in there for obvious reasons but.......help I need more answers than "this is not good".  Thanks very much.
First, you don't become resistant to antibiotics, but the bacteria your carry do.  If you have MRSA in your urine, it could be causing a UTI especiallly if you have chronic infections but Staph aureus in the urine is many times an indication of  an infection somewhere else.  Bactrim certainly won't treat this.  I would want to see at least a urologist if not an infectious disease doctor.  If you are already seening a urologist and aren't better, request an appointment to see an infectious disease specialist.
Thank you very much, I am seeing a urologist in a couple weeks.