Infectious Diseases Community
Maybe a flu or something?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Maybe a flu or something?

It started off I had severe chest pain and a severe sore throat, coughing made it much worse and I had a headache.  I eventually lost my voice multiple times and it transitioned into just nose and chest congestion.  Now I'm just getting past all that but now I'm experiencing extreme night sweats, nausea, diarrhea, the urge to vomit and extreme fatigue.  I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but around the time the last symptoms started happening, the bottoms of my feet also feel like they have tremors at times.  The mucous also feels like it's forming somewhere between my nose and throat rather than in my nose.  You know, like when you get liquid up your nose from your throat?  Yeah, it feels like that.  What is going on?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fever and cough with thick yellow sputum indicate an infection of the lower respiratory tract. You need antibiotics to tackle the infection. The organism virus/bacteria which caused the lung infection could have caused gastroenteritis (stomach) infection or infection of the stomach can occur on swallowing sputum. This can cause the diarrhea. So, please consult your primary care physician at the earliest. In the meantime you could try warm salt water gargles, steam inhalation and OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.