Infectious Diseases Community
Misdiagnosis Is it mental or physical illness? Silicosis the disease ev...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Misdiagnosis Is it mental or physical illness? Silicosis the disease everyone needs to know about!

I do not beleive doctors should assume anxiety depression so much it seems to be there simple answer for everything and some people just keep getting sicker and suffer when they actually have something really wrong physically not mentally. I am suffering from burning hands and feet so was reading on here and read about others having the same. I'm in my 30's I have other symtoms (symptoms) that are as bad but was just reading about burning feelings and see how much people have been diagnoised with anxiety. Well if that is it then great it is curable. But Let me put some other info out here. I have been to my doctors for the last 2 years with symptoms starting with chest and ribcage pain, shortness of breath, coughing, burning eyes , burning hands and feet , general feeling ill. Well I did concrete work for about 10 years. Did cut and grind concrete daily and it was in inclosed areas and my employer never made me aware that I was not just breathing dust but silica a substance in concrete basically it is a substance that is natural to the earth that is found in the earths rocky crust and sand. Anyhow about 5 years after doing this work went to the doctors with chest pain occassionally during deep breaths. Doctor ordered chest X-rays. X-rays showed pulmonary nodules scattered about my lungs. Well of coarse I asked could it be from breathing this dust told no we need to rule out TB though. Well my TB was negative then asked what causing this told probabaly just a infection maybe something picked up from bird droppings. I thought ok that's weird but no need to worry told to get x-rays every 2 years which I have been. I kept working never aware of dangers of breathing in this dust for another 5 years. Now I have been disabled for 4 years. Guess what have so much crap wrong and the stupid doctors have still given me the diagnosis anxiety or mental. Well that is fine but IT IS LIKE THIS WE KNOW OUR BODYS AND WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG AND THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM! Know they are driving me mental because they are not helping me. I know I have SILICOSIS basically a fatl disease from breathing the concrete dust from cutting and grinding it daily for years. They see the stuff on the X-rays (pulmonary nodules)  like I said have shortness of breath, cough , burning pains , acking joints , and sp weak can not even get out of bed. The freaking doctors are literally just going to let me die I guess. I do not know what is wrong with our heath care but it is fustrating. I'm in so much pain It is driving me crazy but some dumb people abusing drugs and this celebrity cases MJ, Ana Nicole and so on have ruined it for us really sick. The doctors think I'm making stuff up because I'm wanting drugs this is a reuined system. I have never done drugs and every drug screen is negative go figure. I will just set here and die I guess in vane with no known cause although I found out what my problem was on my own throught the internet owe by the way doctors don't like that either. Anyone have any advise and sorry for others that go misdiagnoised daily. If you know of any support groups would like to hear my email is ***@****. The next trip to the hospital they probabaly will lock me up because I'm going to be in so much agony and upset from this pain and them making asumptions they will put the official crazy label on me.