Infectious Diseases Community
Oral trust from yeast infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Oral trust from yeast infection?

So recently my boyfriend and I had oral sex. I'm worried I have a yeast infection. I'm worried I had a yeast infection during the oral sex. Can he get oral thrust? What is the possibillity of him getting it? I am very concerned. Please help me. And if he does have it, is there any way I can get non-prescription medicine for him? What would the cost be? I've looked everywhere and I can't find an answer. Please let me know. Anything helps. Thank you.
Hi, and sorry you may have a yeast infection. He may not get it if he has a normal immune system and doesn't have diabetes. So, he should be okay. It is still possible though. So just in case a product like

Colgate Peroxyl, and other products that are over the counter. This has 1.5% hydrogen peroxide. It should work as it is a disinfectant. Just don't swallow it. It is $7.00. I can't guarantee anything except that peroxide is a disinfectant. If you want to be less expensive get a bottle at the drug store of 3% and dilute it by half and gargle it and spit it out. It will foam or tingle. leave it for a few minutes and then rinse with water a couple of times. DO NOT  swallow. It would be a lot cheaper. It won't have the mint taste but it will do the same thing.  

If he gets a yeast infection anyway (which I doubt very much) see the doctor and get a oral rinse. Try to ask for one with Terbinafine (Lamisil) instead of one like fluconazole. A lot of yeast are resistant to that. Same thing for you is if you have a problem with the OTC products then get Lamisil or get tested to be sure it is yeast, then get Lamisil. I hope you won't have any problems. I haven't yet had a problem but a lot of people are. Hope this helps.

If you have any questions feel free to write back.
mkh9