Infectious Diseases Community
Please help I am LOST

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Please help I am LOST

Here is my story. I would be very grateful for any input.

Day 0:  Unprotected received fellatio and protect vaginal sex with an escort. Mutual masturbation and vaginal secretion probably in contact with my penis from hands
Day 1: frequent urination and burning tip of the penis for 2 days. I do not urinate frequently anymore
Day 4: intermittent discomfort in the left testicular lasting for 8 weeks as well as discomfort in the upper legs area.
Day 10: a rash, probably a Maculopapular very itchy rash lasting for 6 days. (I had gone to the beach the same day and I started to feel itchy while in the water. I had taken also the day before 1,5 mg of Zithromax)
11 week: White furry tongue (neither fungi or bacterial infection) with a fever of 37,2 Celsius lasting for a week. White tongue persisting until now (3 months) as well as a loss of appetite and weight loss in the legs area. (I had gone to the dentist on the 8th week for a root canal treatment and was on antibiotics Dalacin C 300 for 8 days)
22 weeks: hair loss, mainly from my eyebrows and hair on my torso and stomach. Lasting till now (week 26)
As at today, I still have a white tongue, a loss of appetite and hair loss issues.
I have made STDs check and 7 HIV 1&2 tests all negative. My blood picture is normal. I have just noticed that my WBC and lymphocytes fluctuate within the normal range. I have also done a CD4 CD8 count and they were within the normal range.

What kind of infection could I have caught?
I have come across this new HIV like disease:  

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/health/adult-onset-immunodeficiency-syndrome
https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/home  

Should I be worried about this disease? Should I do an interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) and a  quantative immunoglobin tests?
Thank you.
You would probably get a better answer on the STD site but the white tongue is probably a yeast. Did you say all STD tests were normal or just the HIV test? If not it could be Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea, The immunoglobulin test would just check your immune status. It would be better to figure out what you have. I don't know about the weight loss in the leg area. You may have some type of hormone deficiency or something like that because of the hair loss or perhaps a fungus? Is there anything on the area of hair loss that looks like a discoloration of skin? Otherswise, I don't know. It sounds somewhat like you need an endocrinologist. what does your doctor say?
Many thanks for your answer.

All my STD tests were negative including the 6 HIV  Elisa tests and one HIV Western Blot test.

immunoglobulin would tell me if I have an infection or something? it is relevant no?

All the doctors to whom I went to say I have nothing. I went today to a dermatologist who said I have  seborrheic dermatitis, he prescribed a special shampoo to use 3 times a week. Will this also help hair that is easily falling from my stomach and torso? don't think so, I feel like doctors do not listen

But until now i cannot find an explanation to my white tongue and loss of appetite which came together.

3 weeks ago a parasite called entamoeba histolytica was found in my stools. I took medication for 4 days and I will do another stool analysis tomorrow to check if it is gone.

I was a healthy person and never had health issues. I do not know what is happening.

What do you think about the link I have provided?
Ok, now I understand things a little more. So no the immunoglobulin test won't tell you if you have an infection. It will tell you if your immune system is working ok. Some diseases can make your immune system not work properly but that is not what I think is going on. So, I have seborrhic dermatitis too and it doesn't make my hair fall out, it gave me some danderuff and a little itchy scalp. It is pretty common to get that. But hypothyroidism may make your hair fall out and some other hormonal problems. I have hypothyroidism too. You may want to get your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) checked. If it is too high that means you don't make enough of it so then you would be hypothyroid and they would give you synthroid a thyroid hormone. A lot of people have this. I was normal all my life and just became hypothyroid this year.  It causes fatigue as well. The white tongue is probably a yeast from taking the antibiotic or from a lowered immune system. Having E. hystolytica will make you loose your appetite, cause diarrhea, and sometimes blood in the stool.  It can be serious and i'm glad they caught it. Have you been out of the country? It may be affecting your immune system as well. You may have to take a couple of stool samples over time to make sure you get rid of the parasite. It is very important to follow up on that. I have to go back and read the link. I will do that now.
mkh9
So, I did look at the link and it is only so far, seen in Asians. Your symptoms don't really sound like that either way. The rash you had and other symptoms may have been due to an allergy to something in the ocean or due to skin contact with something on the person you had sex with. Also, it is possible the lab test had a false negative STD since your original symptoms were similar to an STD and the Azithro took care of it. If not the Azithro may have caused a yeast. I looked at your lab results and yes they do look good and the minor fluctuations are normal. The tongue photo doesn't really look like yeast it is not white enough. But maybe it is the photo. If you use a tongue scraper usually yeast will make your tongue bleed with normal scraping. It looks like cottage cheese and can hurt. It sounds like you were in contact with polluted water in any case because of the E. histolytica. I'm not sure about the weight loss in the leg area? Hard to say on that one. Did you measure your muscle before and after or does it just look like it? Is it substantially different than the other leg or are both the same? I'm not sure what else to suggest. I don't think you have this new form of HIV-like immune problem. But if you would feel better you can get your immune system checked. But I think it would show up some in your labs.
mkh9
p.s. the burning and frequent urination may have been a urinary tract infection rather than an STD. The Azithro would have taken care of most organisms for that too.
mkh9
Many many thanks for your answer, it is greatly appreciated.

I have done a TSH, free T3 and free T4 test and they were within normal range.
I will do another stool analysis tomorrow, which would be 10 days after taking the medication which is in this link http://www.amoun.com/index2.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=143&category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59
do you think it is a good one?

with regard to the immunoglobolin test from what I understand it is useful for knowing if I have a parasite or infection or other diseases. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/immunoglobulins/tab/test
But please correct me if I am wrong. I am also thinking of doing a CH50, C3, C4 test.
My CD4 was 850 and CD8 530

Why do you think my STD tests were false negative? which ones? well this frequent urination continued even after taking Zithromax. I had done like 5 urine tests, ureaplasma, mycoplasma in urine, Chalamydia x2 (blood), Gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) and all were negative or normal. Maybe it was only stress I dont know :s. the burning sensation lasted for 1 or 2 days I think because of washing the tip of my penis with soap.

What I have on my tongue is not fungus, since I have done two oral swabs and no pathogens were found after 36 hours of incubation, I did a KOH test, and a last one for candida, all negative...
When I brush my tongue it doesn't go away and I have no bleeding.

Regarding my led weight loss, I think I lost more from my left leg (I am right footed and I used to play soccer often) but since 6 months I played like 5 times. I am well built as I used to go to the gym. I have lost also from the arms and waist. But the legs and waist were the first to be noticed.

I am worried about this new HIV like diseas because amongst its  symptoms, I have the white tongue, the loss of appetite, weight loss, mild skin peeling on the palm of the hands, hair loss...:s

In my last blood picture which I have done mid april I had 6000 WBC and 27% lymphocytes.

I look forward to reading you.
I have done ANA, ESR, ASO, RPR, TPHA, MRSA,HSV 1&2, HPV - DNA by PCR, CMV, HBV, HCV, HAV (IgM (at 2 months), 7 HIV 1&2 and one HIV Western Blot, Liver and Kidney function tests, TSH, Free T3, Free T4, AFP, CEA, Ferritin, haemoglobin A1C, Testosterone total, Calcium, several urine analysis and culture, mycoplasma hominis, ureaplasma,, progesterone, zink and stool analysis. I also did HTLV test and waiting for the results

From all these tests I just found out about the parasite. and my progesterone and zink levels were high.
Progesterone 1.4  Nrange: 0.4-  1
Zink 160       Nrange: 46-150  
I have to read your last link, and I want to look up if the high progesterone in a man, will cause the hair loss and I think it is possible. I don't know the normal range of CD4 and 8 and the C3 and C4 I would have to look up.  I am a microbiologist so I didn't get some of this. Although believe me I took many classes in biochemistry, organic chemistry, and internship which included immunology, parasitology, mycology, general medical microbiology, etc. and I took hematology as part of my major but didn't work in hematology. I used to read my own slides, LOL.  I think you are worrying too much. As for the STD's and the urine culture and all that I think you have covered your bases. I think you are right it was probably irritation from the soap. You didn't have pain on urination, hard to urinate or a discharge? If not I wouldn't worry about that any more. The immunoglobulin level can be higher or lower due to your immune status such as if you are immune competent (can fight off an infection) or not. Also,  if you are fighting something off the values may change. But I will read your link. It is interesting. I also wouldn't worry about the 6000 WBC count as that is totally normal and fluctuates from 5000-9000 normally as you encounter bacteria, viruses etc. on a daily basis. Going to the dentist may make your WBC count go up for a day or two then it may go down. It isn't low normal it is normal. The 27% Lymphocytes is normal as well. You are fighting off having a pathogenic parasite. So, I would expect to have some variation in your values. The Eos (short for Eosinophils) can be high with a parasite but not always. I have seen them not change. You don't have severe wasting of the muscles do you? They just some what smaller? I have that too> I used to be a college and tournament tennis player and now I am weak and have small muscles especially on my non-dominant left side mostly due to a back injury. But I don't think that is abnormal if you had a change from doing a lot of sport to not much. Your tongue doesnt' look white to me. If it was yeast it would be very bright white. It looks yellowish to me and normal. I have the same color. Also, your yeast test was negative. You had no bleeding or pain on the tongue so it isn't yeast. I wouldn't worry about that. Your loss of appetite is most likely due to the parasite and probably weight loss. I want to review that too. But I'm pretty sure E. histo causes that. I will talk to you later. I need to cook dinner. I'm not sure If I can read those things tonight but if not tomorrow.
mkh9
Ok, I wanted to add regarding Entamoeba histolytica.  With chronic infection you can get pain, diarrhea, discomfort in the abdomen, Weight Loss, and fatigue, 90% can become asymptomatic carriers. Sometimes it can go to the liver and cause an abcess (abscess) and cause & pain in the upper right abdomen. Then you would have weight loss, fever,& tender liver. So I think most of your problems are from the E. histo. I'll write more tomorrow.
take care,
mkh9
Thank you  very much for your answer. it is a pleasure reading you.

what do you mean by severe wasting of the muscles? well in the arms area they got smaller. but on the legs area my upper and lower leg became much thiner. this happened in a period of 3 months more or less.

Well I hope that the loss of appetite is caused by the E. histo. but I took medication for it, maybe it is still in my body.

Do you think I could have a bacteria? like straph or strep?

Enjoy your dinner :) thx

Hi, I meant severe wasting of the muscles is like they have really shrunk a lot very small and atrophied. I don't think you have that. Have you done a lot less activity in that period or over time? Due to my inactivity (I sit around too much due to my back pain) my muscles have gotten smaller too.  It doesn't take long for that to happen. Yes I'm sure it is the E. histo causing your appetite problems and more. I don't think the Progesterone is that far off of normal and I don't think it is causing hair loss. Do you have hair loss in your family because it can be genetic and it can happen really early in life. No I don't think you have a bacterial infection . I would worry that the E. histo may have gone into the liver. Your fever may be due to an abcess (abscess) from it going there. Can you get a scan that would check for that? Has your fever gone away? Why do you think you have a bacterial infection? I read your link reagarding the immunoglobulin level. It is pretty much what I thought. You can have a high Immunoblobulin level while you have a chronic infection (I.e your parasitic infection). The test can look for Chronic lymphocytic leukemia but that would show up on the complete blood count, cirrhosis of the liver (unless you have hepatitis or are an alcoholic I don't think you need to worry about this since you were checked for Hep. You were checked for many autoimmune diseases , one thing it can check for is multiple myeloma. But I don't see you have symptoms of that. So, it could check for general immune status if that is what you want you can do it If it will make you feel better but you had your CD4/CD8 done and the ratio was normal! So that is great. I don't see anything else wrong other than the hair loss, the other levels are not high enough to worry about (progesterone) and the parasite is the main problem. I forgot the treatment you are on but it should be 5-10 days of metronidazole (flaggyl) and then 10 days of either paramomycin or diloxanide fariate,  The diloxanide isn't used in the US as it can cause hearing damage. BTW, you were tested for Strep group A by the ASO test and Methacilllin resistant Staph aureus (MRSA) and they negative.
mkh9
Many thanks for your answer.
I just got back my stool analysis and they didn't find any parasites or cysts. looks like the 4 days medication course worked. but if I do not have the E.hystolitica anymore why I have an appetite loss? is it possible that it wasn't detected this time?

I lost mainly fat from my upper and lower legs, I still have muscles on them but they became smaller as well as on my arms.

The fever of 98.6 farenheit lasted for 7 days and it came just after I noticed my white tongue, like a day or two. And I also lost my appetite, I used to feel hungry quite often.

I have another medication that combines metranidazol and diloxinde should I take it?

The test for MRSA they took a swab from my armpit. is this how it is done? I also took Defucin (fucidic acid) 250 mg x3 a day for 6 days
should I do an endoscopy?
No, I think they do an MRI for the liver or maybe a CT. You have to ask the doctor on that one.
mkh9
Yes, that is good that the parasite is clearing up. But some stay in the lumen of the intestine and so I would wait a few days and get retested. Then if still negative maybe a week or so. Didn't the doctor give you directions on how often to test after the antibiotic they gave you?. Which antibiotic did they give you to take? I think the recommendation is two antibiotics I mentioned. I wouldn't take it on your own there can always be complications. I would ask them about it and that you are worried about recurrances. The temperature of 98.6 is not a fever it is normal for Farenheit. You may still not feel well because the parasite can cause some temporary damage to the intestine I think. There are more than one parasite they produce more. But hopefully, the drug did the job. If you didn't have a fever (since 98.6 or 98.7 are normal) then you probably don't have a liver abscess. I would discuss with your doctor about your loss of appetite and corresponding weight loss. I am sure they are related to the parasitic infection but they may be able to give you something for it. Didn't you already take Metronidazole or what med did you take. I can't find it with all these messages. Did the doctor give you that one or did you buy it over the internet or pharmacy on your own? Regarding the MRSA yes they take it with a swab. Did you have a boil or sore under the arm? I don't know the drug Dufucin. Also, these drugs can cause loss of appetite sometimes so we'll see if you improve.
mkh9
This is the drug that the doctor prescibed for 3 days, i took it for four days, it is called fladazol: it has Secnidazole.

http://www.amoun.com/index2.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=143&category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59

I finished my prescription like 10 days ago. So todays stool analysis result was like 10 days after taking this medication. the doctor had told me to retest 7 days after taking the medication.

Now I am thinking of taking a combination of metronidazole and diloxanide floride for 5 to 10 days. the doctor didn't tell me to take any other drugs. but I think this drug could be good to eliminate any in the lumen of the intestine. what do you think?

I took Defucin 250 mg tablets by my own
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusidic_acid
i was mentionning endoscopy as it may reveal why I have a loss of appetite.
I also just had the results of Candida culture in stools.

And I got this result which I do not understand.

"Growth of Candida spp. [non albicans] which is resistant to all antibiotics"

What does this mean
No, I think it is from the parasite or the antibiotics you took and/or the disruption of the normal flora see below.
mkh9
No, the Fladazol and Secnidazole are good for getting rid of amoeba and it looks like it is doing its job. I wouldn't take any more antibiotics. You can repeat your stool test in another 10 days and see if it is still gone. But now you have yeast that took over because of the antibiotics that wiped out your normal bowel flora. This may also be one of the reason for you not having an appetite and maybe the constipation. I would talk with your doctor. But, you need to take some probiotics. Get some live probiotic pills that contain active culture like 10 to the 8th 10E8 bacteria of lactobacillus sp, Bifidobacteria sp. the more variety of good bacteria the better and see if that helps. Take it for a month or two. Keep drinking a lot of water. About 8 glass a day or a combination of herbal tea and water , whatever you drink but stay hydrated. The fact that the Candida sp. is resistant at this point I'm not sure that it matters you are not going to treat the candida except by diluting it out by eating other bacteria basically. You can add eating a couple of yogurts a day that contain live bacteria. What country do you live it? Do they have yogurt like Yoplait or one that has active bacteria? you will eventually also get it from your food too. But, no more antibiotics unless the doctor tells you to. Get your stool retested for yeast in about a month? It takes a while. you can try sooner like 10 days but it probably will take longer.
mkh9
If all else fails there is a research way that works to get your fecal flora back but it sounds gross. But first try the food way. Then we can talk about the other way.
mkh9
You think my white tongue can be caused by this candida I have? can it cause the hair loss I am experiencing?
shouldn't I take Fluconazole as well with probiotics?

Which doctor should I consult for this, a GI?

I think we have Activia yogurt. do you know it?
or should I go to a pathologist?
Well you said your tongue didn't have yeast but if it does I would say yes probably. At this point no more antibiotics until you get your intestinal flora back to normal. You are lucky you didn't get Clostridium difficile toxin. Yes I think Activia has it. I would eat two of those a day. But I buy some real probiotics. The last time I was given several antibiotics the nurse told me to take probiotics so I bought some from Costco called Trunature digestive probiotic. It had 10 billion active cultures. You take 1 capsule a day. It won't hurt to eat the yogurt too, unless your counting calories or can eat milk products. I think it will restore itself on its own. I would just go to a good family practice doctor if you have one you like. But I haven't ever had any doctor give me probiotics (it was the nurse that prevented me from getting C. difficile not the doctor). I was wondering why the doctor hadn't recommended it. It seems like they just treat whatever problem comes up. So I would still take the probiotic if I were you. Pathologists generally just work with the laboratory. They look at slides and see if people have cancer and do autopsies etc. A GI doc would ok too. Which doctor told you about the yeast?
mkh9
some non Candida albicans are very resistant to antibiotics. But you need to get rid of it via probiotics or other means.  I just thought I would answer your question even though we discussed this.
mkh9
No. See other response.
mkh9
Many thanks for your answer and time.

1.I am just trying to figure out  what is the cause of my white tongue. I read that Candida can cause a whitish layer on the tongue. mine doesn't get scraped off. there must be a reason for my white tongue.maybe the candida in my guts affected my tongue?

2. no doctors told me about yeast, I just went by my own and did a stool analysis which showed the parasit, and the candida stool culture. I will take the probiotics and yogurt as you recommended. it is the first time I hear about Clostridium difficile but good I do not have it.

3. So I will go and visti a GI I think this is better than a pathologist or a generalist right?
Ok so yes it is good you caught the parasite and yeast on your own, really good.
1. if it is yeast as the GI doc to take a look. It will only take a couple of seconds for him to find out. It would most likely be from the Gut rather than being immunocompromised. just make sure to tell him of all the antibiotics you took and make a complete list of the tests and results (maybe an Excel file make it easy for him to go through. He may wonder why all the tests were done.
2. You probably should ask him if you should be tested for C. difficile toxin. it would be another stool test. They don't do that on a routine stool culture.
3. since you have the yeast in the stool (it was a pure culture right no other organisms seen?) then GI doc is probably good for now.
mkh9
1. where will he take a look? u mean on my lab results? well in the stool analyses I had done 10 days ago no yeast cells were detected. and for the one I had done today, few yeast cells were detected. the lab technician said that it can be detected if someone ate bread. and I had eaten a good amount of bread before. what is sure is that I have this candida.
Well I will tell him that I was worried about STDs and other contagious infections because of my symptoms.
if I was immunocompromised this would have been seen in my lab results right? like on my CD4 CD8 tests?

2. I will ask. but shouldn't I have symptoms related to that?

3. What do you mean by pure culture?
    no organism found in the stool I have done today. Only in the one I had done 10 days ago which found the amebiasis.
I'm confused with your questions so I"ll try to answer them but I may not be right.
1. Don't know what you mean by where will he take a look. I think I was talking about your tongue. Yes, before you had no or few yeast in your stool right and now you had a pure culture of yeast and nothing else grew in the stool culture but yeast? This was after you took all the 3 different antibiotics right? The bread wouldn't do that. You may see a few yeast mixed with lots of normal gut bacteria like E. coli, and so forth but then if they saw only yeast eating bread wouldn't do that. I'm talking about the resistant non candida you said you had in your stool (was that result a pure culture meaning no other bacteria were present). Yes if you were immunocompromised the CD4/CD8 would have been abnormal. At least for HIV and things that attack your lymphocytes. You could test your immunoglubulins like you were thinking of doing to get more information. Your complete blood count was also normal. Usually, you would be feeling tired if you had some problem other than the parasite. 3. Yes pure culture of yeast non-candida albicans resistant to all bacteria (no other bacteria present).
1.Show him your all your pertinent results.
2.Tell him about your infection with E. histolytica and that you took 3 antibiotics and that your stool had normal flora plus the parasite before and now it has no parasite but came back with the results yeast not candida albicans resistant to all antibiotics. Also, show him your tongue and ask him if that is yeast too. Tell him you were thinking of taking probiotics to try to get your normal gut flora back ask him will that be good enough and how long will it take. Also, ask him if that was caused by the anitibiotics or are you immunocompromised and if you should get the immunoglobulin test even though your CD4/CD8 ratio looks good and your CBC.
3. Tell him about your hair falling out. Ask him if about the high progesterone and zinc. Ask any other questions you have.
4. Ask him if he things the E. histo has cleared and should you keep checking the stool for E. histo and how long after? Could it have gone to the liver?
mkh9
oh and don't forget to tell him about your weight loss and appetite problems and constipation. After you tell him about E. histolytica infection and the drugs you were on.
mkh9
Many thanks for your advice.

I will make a list of questions. the antibiotics I had taken before my stool analysis and cultures, was Dalacin C 500 for like 9 days (started on December 24th), then 2 weeks later I was on Ciprofaxalin for a week. But the white tongue and loss of appetite came before taking the second antibiotic (Ciprofaxalin).
My stool culture for Candida was done 3 months after taking these two antibiotics. (on the 10th of April)

After taking the 3rd antibiotic Fladazol (on the 17 of april), for treatment of E. Histolytica, my stool analysis showed only few yeast cells.

By the way I do have constipation. My stools go out very easily.
I had done a CD4 CD8 count test and got the following results:

CD4: 45,9%   828
CD8: 31,8%   573
Ratio: 1.4

But in the flow cytometry report I noticed that I have very low B2 count of 9. is this normal?

B1 is 563
B2 is 9
B3 is 414
B4 is 816

Thanks you
Ok. so it sounds like the first antibiotic caused the yeast to predominate. But then by april 17th you only had few yeast cells and the rest normal bacterial flora? If so then you don't really have a big problem. That is good you are not constipated either. I misunderstood you the that the recent stool culture had shown the pure culure (no other bacteria present) of yeast. Is this correct then? If so then I think you are on your way to healing and that you may not need the GI doctor. You still should recheck the stool again in about 10 days to look for yeast and also for E. histolytica. If things are still good then I would probably follow up with a general practice doctor or an infectious disease doctor instead just to make sure you have covered your bases with the E. histo and you might as well get the immunoglobulin test done so you feel like did everything. The family practice doctor can check your tongue too or even a dentist if you are going for a cleaning.
The only reason I thought you should go to the GI doc was I thought you still had the pure culture of yeast. But also if you still want to see the GI doc because of your lack of appetite and weight loss you could go anyway. But I'm pretty sure it is caused by the antibiotics and /or the E. histo. But it won't hurt to take the probiotics and/or yogurt for about a month and see how it goes. It won't hurt for sure.
take care,
mkh9
10 days after taking the Faladazole for E.Histolica, my stool analysis, that I have done yesterday, were normal with no parasites detected only few yeast cells were detected.

The candida stool culture was done on the 10th of April. So normally now the E.Histolica is treated since I do not have it in my stools. But i will retest in a week. If it has been cured than my only problem now is The Candida non-albican and off course all the other symptoms I have :s
Let me ask again, because it doesn't matter whether it is Candida albicans or non albicans in the stool really . What matters is that your normal flora has been disrupted by yeast. A few yeast is normal so it is only when you have a predominance that it is abnormal. So the stool that you had most recently had few yeast C. albicans or non albicans? It sounds from your post that you had no E. histo, and few yeast on the 17th of April and the candida non albicans was done on the 10th (before the one on the 17th) so it should have been gone or back to normal right? I don't know what a B2 level is. I haven't done flow cytometry.
regards,
mkh9
Ok I will try to clear things up :)

the most recent stool test done on the 2nd of May was a stool analysis which as I understand can't detect Candida. So in that stool analysis I had few yeast cells, without saying if it is candida or not. That was all.

The Candida stool culture was done on the 10th of April. and I got my results for this yesterday.I did not take any treatment for this.

From my stool analysis done also on the 10th of April, E. Histolytica was detected and I started on the 17th of April the drugs for this. And as my stool analysis of yesterday didn't not detect any Cyst or parasite this means that E.Hystolica is gone right? but I have to do another one in a week to be sure I think.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Ok so One test on May 2nd said few yeast cells (this probably was from a smear not a culture). Then you had a test (ova and parasite test) on April 10th, that said E. histolytica was detected and you took your antibiotics for this. Then you had a test that was a culture that said non candida albicans resistant to all antibiotics , when was that done? I assume was a culture or they wouldn't know that it was resistant to antibiotics. Also, then you had  a negative test (ova and parasite or O&P) for E. histolytica that was negative when was that? Did you have the yeast culture that day or was that the day you had the non-Candida albicans positive?  I'm trying to figure out whether  you are clear of yeast or not?
thanks,
mkh9
The Stool culture was done on the 10th of April as well, and got the results yesterday saying I have Candida Non albican.

Yesterday I did a atool analysis and got my results yesterday as well (Not culture) saying I have few yeast cells. no parasite was detected. which means that according to this single test i am E. histolytica free right?

So I still have yeast (candida) but I am normally cleared from E histolytica.

are the few yeast cells detected in my stool analysis of yesterday related to the Candida that I have?
Ok, I see.
It sounds like you don't know what the present situation culture wise is for yeast. They just did a microscopic evaluation of the stool sample for yeast So, yes it is the same but it doesn't sound like you had as much of it. But I would get another culture done when  you see this doctor or see what he says. In the mean time do the probiotics and hopefully it will clear up. And, yes  it sounds like the parasite or E. histo is still gone. So, let me know how it goes. I think things are clearing up. I hope you start feeling better and your appetite starts coming back. I would retest for a stool culture in a weeks and make sure you get both the yeast (candida and non cadida) done plus the parasite test done. Also, if you have a choice have a routine stool culture done. See if everything is normal.
mkh9
Well I know that i still have candida non albican, asI did take any steps to treat it since the specific culture for Candidathat i had done on the 10th of April.
Well, you should still take the probiotics, that will treat the Candida non-albcans or yeast problem. It looked like the last thing you had done had only a microscopic evaluation and it was only a low amount of yeast. But it won't hurt to take the probiotics. Usually, after taking antibiotics it takes 2-3 months to cause problems anyway such as yeast and knocking out your normal gut flora. So I would still get retested for your stool culure for both yeast (candida and non candida they are both yeast) and the E. histolytica One more time in about a month after you have taken the probiotics a while. but if you doctor wanted you take a sample for E. histo sooner you could do that and then recheck for the yeast in a month.
mkh9
Thank you for your answer. Are you sure that it has to take 2 to 3 months after taking antibiotics to have candida or yeast? if so, so this means that the antibiotics I took have nothing to do with my current candida/yeast problem and white tongue?!!! I had never taken antibiotics before
No but it can take up to months sometimes. You can get it soon as well. Sorry for not being more clear. No I'm sure it was the antibiotics that did it.
mkh9
I went to check some probiotics pills and found one with 15 billion and another with 30 billions both with 10 strains, which one should I take you think?
Either one are equally good. Go by price then and 15 billion is plenty.
mkh9
i also found this product.  http://www.renewlife.com/candigone.html

please look at the product information and let me know what do you think
here is a link for the 30 billion probiotic one. http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-senior-30-billion.html.

I read on some website that it is recommended 100 billion??!
I have just done today a CBC and the quantative immunoglogoline test.

The CBC results are normal.

These are my immunogloboline results:

TOTAL IGA 2.56           normal range 0.7 - 4.0 g/L
TOTAL IGG 11.30           normal range7.0 - 16.0 g/L
TOTAL IGM 0.44           normal range 0.4 - 2.3 g/L

I have rather low IGM :s
Your results look great. I'm glad you got the quant immunoglobulin done. I hope you feel better.
mkh9