Infectious Diseases Community
Rabies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Rabies

i've got bitten by a wild cat two days ago , but there was no bleeding or scratch on my hand , i think i only touched the tooth of cat , so i decided not to go for vaccination ,yesterday i had a very extreme headache and i took ibuprofen and it reduced the pain and today , i read a lot of things about rabies and infection , and symptoms , i've got very scared and i had panic , so i went to vaccination center in my city and i got vaccinated by one shot , the doctor said there'e nothing to worry about , and you have to complete vaccination period ( 5 shots ) , but i'm still worried and i can't sleep , i have mild headache and mild pain on my neck , i don't know what to do ? ( i have mental illness and i sometimes get panic attack ) , am i vaccinated too late ? how can i be sure that the virus is not developed , and headache is not caused by rabies ? (sorry my english is not good at all )

From the North Dakota Department of Health

"After an average of 30 to 50 days (as short as 14 days or longer than a year) from exposure to a rabid animal, a person develops an illness that may include fever, sore throat, stiff muscles, headache, tiredness, restlessness, nausea, and itching or tingling at the site of the bite."

You are three days after your encounter with the wild cat.  Continue with the shots and you should be fine.  The symptoms you are having right now are probably related to your heightened anxiety state.  

Take care.