Infectious Diseases Community
Reoccuring MRSA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Reoccuring MRSA

Hi I am a 28 yr old female, and I contracted a staph infection for the first time in July of 2009...and the culture tested positive for MRSA. It first appeared as a skin boil on my left cheek, that I thought was a vicious spider bite. Within 2 days my entire head swelled up 2 times it's original size, my eyes were literally little squinty lines on my swollen face. I was hospitalized for about a week. I was given Clindamyacin, Vancomyacin and someother antibiotic that started with a Z..like zoosk or something. The infection seemed to get better and I was allowed to return home..I have since been back in the hospital and hospitalized 3 times for MRSA Stapf infections that just keep soming back. I have had 2 "surgeries" to remove and drain pus from wounds..on my face. I have used the Muprocin nose ointment like 10 times, and the hibiclens soap on the skin for like 2 months in a row. I have since become immune to doxycycline,bactrim/macrobid..and now clindamyacin...I am currently suffering from a staph boil on my left cheek..I have taken 3 rounds of Clindamyacin ( each round is 2 pills every 4 hrs for 2 weeks), and bactrim skin ointment..and it won't go waay..so now I am afraid I am immune to Clindamyacin as well. I also have extremely bad stage 4 endometreosis...could the constant inflammatory effect of the endometreosis cause my immune system to weaken?? and allow the MRSA to keep re-infecting me, or is it just this hard to get rid of?? I have tried tea tree oil, many antibiotics,thieves products,hydrogen peroxide,hibiclens,muprocin..you name it.. I wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitizer, wash my sheets 2 times a week, showers only..etc..neither my hubby or daughter have caughten it from me in the 3+ years..I am very hygenic and carfeful..But getting very afraid, what antibiotics are left if I am immune to most that get rid of staph?? I am always sick, about to lose my job from all this darn work I'm missing..I have no Medical Ins. and no one will insure me, except the state pool and I cannot afford it..So afraid I am never going to get better, I can't get insurance, disability, or any help...about to go bankrupt from all my medical bills alone, and it would all be worth it, if I was making progress...but I'm not..Is there any help groups or foundations or Medical Insurance assistance for people with this ?? This is terrible, I feel so depressed..this is suppose to be the time of my life, watching my babies grow up, amd building my marriage....This can't just be it, there has to be some sort of organization out there to help people that truely need it...Does anyone have any information about organizations, or any advice relevant to my situation??
Also, I have recently been experiencing joint pain and swelling...could this be related?
I'm on like my 20th staph infection in the past 3 years..any adive would be appreciated
OMG I REALLY HOPE YOUR STILL OUT THERE IM 33 and I'm having the same issues!!! I mean identical and I just don't know what to do!!!! I thought somehow I contracted a cold sore and they just keep coming back and sound just like what you have!!! It also seems like sugar or salt crystals come out of the infection and if I squeeze a little they "pop" out they look like little specks in the mirror.  They are really hard and hurt so bad feel like almost microscopic grains moving under my skin and burn!! I'm about to loose my job if I miss any work and it's getting to the point where my coworkers think I just fake sick all the time and talk behind my back just trying to get to of me because I am number one at my sales job!!! I can't tell anyone because I am mortified!!! I never realized all these incidents were connected until I read your story!!! I mean it was like I wrote it myself!!! WHAT DO I DO???? HOW DO I GET HELP?!?  It just broke out and I too late for dr. Took 2 -1 00mg Macrobid just praying some antibiotic better than nothing and I'm scared to death it's going to happen all over!!!!