Risk of Shingles after adult onset Chicken pox
Hi there-  I have a friend who had a moderate case of chicken pox in this late 30s.  He is now quite concerned about his risk of shingles.   As a person who had adult chicken pox, is he at any increased risk for shingles? Should he be more/less/ equally likely to get the the zoster vaccine?  Thanks much!
How are you? Shingles is a painful skin rash caused by the varicella zoster virus which also responsible for chicken pox. This is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems. After being infected with chickenpox, the virus "sleeps"  in the nerve roots and wakes up when it is triggered  by stress, injury or certain medicines. CDC recommends adults age 60 and older to get the shingles vaccine. However, the vaccine is  not fail-safe.Some people develop shingles despite vaccination. Hope this helps. Take care and best regards.
I have the herpes zoster virus which I think was reactivated with painful bumps on both my legs.  would this vaccine help me?