Scabies? Staph?
For about a month now I've had intense itching on my butt, inner thighs, and outside crotch (female). The itching randomly pops up and it's the worst itch ever. I have red scabs and bumps all over my butt and I have a rash where I itch the most. My friend has this also. I went to the doctor and he said probably staph but I'm not sure about that. There is red bumps all over my butt.
Hello and hope you are doing well.
The exact cause can be confirmed only after a clinical examination. Based on your symptoms it is possible that you are either suffering from scabies, eczema or some bacterial infection. Scabies can spread through contact with the towels, bedding, and clothing of someone who has scabies. As your friend has recently suffered from scabies there are chances that you too have scabies. Take an antihistamine for relief in itching.Permethrin is used in scabies. Maintain good hygiene and wash your clothes and undergarments in hot water. Do not share towels and other clothes with anybody. Seek second opinion as only clinical examination of the rashes can confirm the cause. Do keep us posted.
Take care and kind regards!