Infectious Diseases Community
Severe muscle and joint pain with itchy hand blisters

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

6106460?1283652634
Hi all!

At this very moment most of my joints and muscles are in pain. I have had sciatica in the past and that is what I would explain this pain to be like, except all over. This will start with my hand joints and then spread within a few days. After about a week to ten days my hands will start itching. About two to three days later blisters will appear only on my hands, always in the same place, on the outer edges of my fingers, especially on the outer thumbs. About two to three days later the blisters will wheep and disappear and POOF! my joint and muscle pain completely disappear. I have put up with this since I was 16 years old, BEFORE I WAS HIV+ (32), but the recurrences are getting more painful (close to debilitating) and more frequent. Most Physicians ignored the joint and muscle pain, a few addressed both issues: exema (eczema), herpes, ichtyosis, dermatitis, cat allergies, cat scratch fever, hay fever, reaction to meds, reaction to food, reaction to hands touching plants, valley fever, allergy to rubber gloves, reaction/allergies to chemicals/soaps/antiseptics. Recently I was dianosed with HIV neuropathy. The only one that fits with my age and life at the time of inception has to do with cats or something to do with some kind of infection from flea bites (?). It's getting worse, I need help, no results from Rx: Any ideas?