Infectious Diseases Community
Staph/MRSA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Staph/MRSA

I have tried prescription meds and body wash but my staph is reoccuring for three years now, on my butt what should i do
Hi,
How are you? What tests were done in the past? If prescription antibiotics are not working, it is recommended that you inform your doctor about this for proper management. Aside from this, management of recurrent MRSA skin soft tissue infections as discussed by the Expert Panel of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) may be done including preventive educational guidelines like continue draining wounds covered with clean, dry bandages; maintain good personal hygiene with regular bathing and cleaning of hands; avoid reusing or sharing personal items that have contacted infected skin; environmental hygiene measures  like cleaning high-touch surface and use of commercially available cleaners or detergents; decolonization strategies especially if there is ongoing transmission  among household members or other close contacts;   and oral antimicrobial therapy for active infection only. This link may help:  http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/01/04/cid.ciq146.full
Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank