Aa
A
A
Close
Strep b and oral sex
I have tested possitive for strep be with each of my four children's births. My question... could I have given myself strep throat (or another kind of throat infection) by giving oral sex after vaginial intercourse. This in something I have hardly ever done (ie oral sex after intercourse) but now I have strep throat.

I haven't gone to the doctor, just started amoxicillian I have here (four kids) and it has cleared up (also a rash on my face) in a few days. Is it a coincidence or do I need to avoid this act in the future.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
The source of infection for Group B strep is actually unknown and not necessarily from oral contact after intercourse. Since this organism is common in the gastrointestinal tract, this may be a source of some infection. This usually affects the elderly, newborn and immunicompromised patients. Other conditions caused by group B strep in adults include bloodstream infections, pneumonia, skin and soft-tissue infections as well as bone and joint infections. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources