Strep b and oral sex
I have tested possitive for strep be with each of my four children's births. My question... could I have given myself strep throat (or another kind of throat infection) by giving oral sex after vaginial intercourse. This in something I have hardly ever done (ie oral sex after intercourse) but now I have strep throat.

I haven't gone to the doctor, just started amoxicillian I have here (four kids) and it has cleared up (also a rash on my face) in a few days. Is it a coincidence or do I need to avoid this act in the future.
The source of infection for Group B strep is actually unknown and not necessarily from oral contact after intercourse. Since this organism is common in the gastrointestinal tract, this may be a source of some infection. This usually affects the elderly, newborn and immunicompromised patients. Other conditions caused by group B strep in adults include bloodstream infections, pneumonia, skin and soft-tissue infections as well as bone and joint infections. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.