Infectious Diseases Community
TB

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases, such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Chicken Pox, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne Illnesses, Meningitis, C Diff, Rabies and other Infectious Disease

TB

hi . my name is henry . i have almost taken 8 months of tb treatment but my cough is not going. i was fine for many months . but now in the 8th month and i have throat irritation and slight cough and headache joint pain sometimes in legs .. can u tell me whats going on ?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi Henry,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? The present symptoms you have may be attributed to your condition or from other issues such as upper respiratory infection or other pulmonary issues. This may warrant further evaluation by your doctor. Treatment for TB usually takes 6 months or longer depending on the category and at this point it is best that you have follow-up with your attending physician also to determine if treatment was successful or  not.  Take care and do keep us posted.