Tests Results
What could this mean? I receive my test results back from my insurance company the below tests were highlighted as being a potential issue. Should I be concern? What could this be?

Test results:

Fructosamine 0.9
Total Protein (BLD) 5
Albumin (Blood) 2.2
Cholesterol 291
LDL Cholesterol 188
HDL Cholesterol 79
The fructosamine is similar to an A1c testing that measures your blood glucose over a period of time rather than simply at the time of the blood test.  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what a "normal" reading for the test is, however, so I can't really help you with that.

The normal range for total protein is 6.0 - 8.3, so your reading is low, which could be due to a few things, including liver disease.  The normal range for albumin is 3.4 - 5.4, so again, your reading is low - which could indicate kidney or liver disease, but also could be due to your body not absorbing enough nutrients, such as after weight loss surgery, crohns disease, low protein diets, etc.

Your cholesterol is pretty high.  They typically like to see  areading of the total cholesterol below 200 and yours is 291.  Your LDL is also quite high - they like to see a reading of less than 100.  Your HDL, however, is in the desirable range - they like to see if at greater than 60mg/dl

Keep in mind that these "normal" ranges that I'm speaking of can vary somewhat from lab to lab, but it gives you a rough idea of where things should be.  Are you on any medications?  Did you fast before the blood test?  Are you a drinker?  

I would suggest following up with your primary care physician to see if they feel they should do further testing or what their feelings are on the readings.

Best of luck!