Tetanus Symptoms
While remodeling on a very old house 5 days ago, I had a small board fall and dig out a shallow gash on my left forearm about 2 inches long. The wound bled pretty good and I washed it out with running water, then antibiotic ointment and a big band-aid. It seems to be healing pretty good. My concern is tetanus. I had my last tetanus booster exactly 5 years ago, and have had about 5 tetanus shots over my 50 year lifetime. Im starting to have some mild muscle twitches in various spots "above the shoulders", and some "pains" here and there in my left leg. Ive had no bad pain at the wound site, maybe a little sore and sometimes it burns a little, but all fairly minor. Ive tried the "spatula" test where you touch the back of your throat with a soft tipped object and if you gag, you dont have tetanus, but if you bite down, you probably do have tetanus. So far, I definitely gag. Any thoughts?
If they're tetanus symptoms, did you ever think it could be tetanus?
Most things share many common symptoms, so you cant just go by that.