Infectious Diseases Community
The question is regarding TB.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

The question is regarding TB.

I was infected by TB in lungs in the beginning of jan'2012.  The treatment has gone well for 7 months.  I showed the X-ray some 20 days back at SRM General Hospital in Potheri, Chennai.  Looking at the X-ray they said that TB has been cleared, so i can stop the medicine.  A doubt has arisen in my mind.  I have heard, generally speaking, that TB Medicines have to be continued for atleast a period of 9 months.  I have been taking RCinex and Benedon.  Just today i was not feeling well, so the doubt has arisen.  Please clarify if TB can be cured in 7 months.
Firstly I am not a doctor, but, Yes 7 months is typical for treatment of drug sensitive TB. I don't know these drugs you mention usally they use INH and Rifampin if the TB bacteria is sensitive to these drugs. They should test two to three sputum cutulres taken two to three days in a row that test negative before stopping treatment. If they did that and your Xrays are clear then you should be ok. If you get syptoms (symptoms) of TB back, such as night sweats, fever, cough, and fatigue  you may want to go back to the doctor and get re-tested by culture.