Infectious Diseases Community
Typhoid fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Typhoid fever

Good morning ,i just took my widal test result ,,please can any one explain it for me
Salm.Typhi (o) negative 1:40
Salm typhi(h) negative 1:40
Salm.paratyphi A(H) negative 1:40
Salm. Paratyphi B (H) positive 1:320 ???

Please explain it for me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? What are the symptoms present? The Widal test is usually done to  detect the presence of antibodies against Salmonella in a patient;s serum. The antigen present in the antiserum provokes antibody production inside the patient and raised levels of antibody  helps in diagnosing the serum for infection. Agglutination with AH and BH antigens records Salmonella paratyphi infection. It is best that you discuss the result with your doctor for proper evaluation. A variety of factors such as symptoms, medical history and results of other diagnostic tests are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.