Infectious Diseases Community
Undiagnosed infectious disease - how long will I live
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Undiagnosed infectious disease - how long will I live

I acquired an unknown infectious disease May 2013.  I have gone through a lot of symptoms and testing but the doctors do not know what it is.  To this day I am left with chronic armpit sweating (which is a sign of a persistent infection) and occasional stabbing ear pain.

How long does it take for a chronic infection to kill someone?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
What other symptoms are present and what other diagnostic  tests were done? Armpit sweating (excessive) may be caused by idiopathic or from underlying cause. This may come and go and can be made worse by triggers such as anxiety, emotion, spicy foods,  heat, and even anxiety about the sweating itself may make it worse. If it persists, further evaluation may need to be done. You may also benefit from a referral to an ENT or dermatologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
I have had various white blood test/std tests/crp/liver tests and everything comes back normal. The persistent armpit sweating and these very occasional stabbing ear pains are the only symptoms that remain oh and a white tongue. I went through months of very strange symptoms after the exposure as if my body was going through a massive conversion process.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...