Infectious Diseases Community
Unkown virus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Viewing 201-212 comments:
My chronic armpit sweating and stabbing ear pains are about the only thing that now remain that tell me I'm not well. I pray that something diagnosable comes up that does not kill me so the doctors have a clue as to what has happened to me.
Do you guy's wonder how it's going to kill you?  I keep reading about chronic infection leading to heart attack.  Sounds likely for me.  I need a miracle to save my life.  I pray for a miracle for you guy's too.  It's such a stupid way to die over a dodgy encounter.  Mine is even stupider as there was literally no insertion anywhere, mine came from lube.  LUBE!!!!
What was your exposure?
Creation - I don't want to discredit your symptoms but you cannot catch an STI from lube. Also, from the way you are talking, I think you would benefit from some counselling for anxiety. I don't say that to be patronising, but it doesn't sound like you're dealing with this well.

Also, it doesn't sound from your symptoms as though you have what a number of us do (again please refer to Chinese HIV-like virus). As I was told by the microbiologist, unlike the HIV epidemic, people are not dying from this...it just creates a persistent infection that the body cannot clear. If people were dropping dead, the media would be onto it in a flash. I think we all need to be pragmatic and come up with some sensible suggestions on how we handle this disease. Forums are not a long term solution.
I agree, you cannot catch an STI from lube, I have been tested and am negative for STI's.  The problem has happened to me because of the way the lube was applied.  The applicator will have been used on many people and dipped back into the lube.  Something was in there because the week after my life changed forever, the symptoms I had for 5+ months I would not wish on anyone and what I am left with indicates a persistent infection of some sort.  I'm not anxious, I'm really ill, I'm trying to research and get tested and see if something comes back positive that I hope is curable and not just treatable.  You are correct I am not dealing with it well, it is all I think about from the second I wake up until I go to sleep.  I will continue to research and get tested for what I think it may be and hope in the meantime it does not kill me.  I cannot believe I have done this to myself.  I even tried to kill myself a few months back but didn't have the nerve.  I've literally ruined my life and the worst thing about it is that I am in a long term relationship and have a house with someone.  You play with fire, you get burned.
I think you should talk to someone about it as a matter of urgency - friends, family, but ideally a professional. I had some therapy when this hit too and it helped me deal with the head f**k of it all. It also consumes me day and night, just got to get on as best we can. But seriously man, get some help and quickly if you're having suicidal thoughts - this thing is not worth dying over. Where are you based?
I cannot talk to anyone I know.  When I die, I do not want my legacy to be the guy who accidentally killed himself.  There is no point talking to a psychiatrist as it will not help.  I've just to keep getting up each day and living the messed up life I have made for myself for however long I have left.  One life and it's totally ruined over something that took all of two minutes to do.  UK.
I will never forget the moment it happened.  I saw the risk in the moment, did nothing, ended my life
Started getting headaches the last few days, I have one today too more at the front of my head than anywhere else.  I never get headaches and never get them a few days in a row.  I'm keeping a log of whats going on as its going on.  Hope at some point something is a red flag to  doctor and they finally have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Stabbing ear pains
Chronic armpit sweating
Headaches
1 year now from when it all started.

God help us all.
Creation-

I understand that you're upset over all of this; we all are.  My exposure was receiving oral sex.  I don't personally know of anyone who uses a condom when receiving oral sex, so I figured it was a low risk exposure as well.  When I first started having symptoms, the same thoughts went through my head that you're going through right now.  It's been 2 years.  I've learned to live with it until I find out what's going on.  And I still believe that I will eventually be diagnosed, treated, and cured.  I agree with Wilson, you should see someone if you're having suicidal thoughts.  Not a single person I know knows what I'm dealing with; I haven't told anyone except my doctors.  I've kept it all to myself; I guess that's just the way I am.

I've only done a bit of research on this 'HIV-like virus' in the past, but one thing I remember reading is that once someone is infected, their whole household eventually gets it within a matter of weeks.  Are those around you suffering from the same symptoms?  How many people live with you?  How does your SO feel?  I also remember reading (and correct me if I'm wrong) that, once infected, the person's CD4 count drops dramatically (like HIV), but then improves after a couple of years.  Have you had your CD4 count checked?  I did several months after my exposure, and it was about 1,500 (completely normal).  This might be something you should request from your doctor.  I'm not convinced that everyone on this thread is suffering from the same thing; actually, I'm willing to bet that we're not.  There seems to be a lot of little pathogens out there.  My point is, don't automatically expect the worst.  You already tested negative for HIV, so that's great.  Have you been tested for HTLV?

Hang in there, brother.  Keep living life the best you can.  Hang out with friends, start a hobby, have fun.  Don't let this control your life.  Best wishes man.
Also, I may have mentioned this earlier, but given the fact that this thread has 170 posts in it already and I don't want to go back and read through the whole thing again, has anyone noticed that there are no (or very few) women that have posted here?  This gets me to thinking what do men have that women don't??  First thing that comes to mind is a prostate.  I've also noticed that there have been several posters here that have complained about prostate symptoms, myself included.  We may have something going on in our prostate that has yet to be identified.  Just a thought.
I too have told not one. It's the biggest secret I will ever have and one that I will take to my grave. The problem we all have is well for one how do you get a diagnosis on something that could be anything ? Also the other problem is if whatever we have is viral there are no anti virals. Only antibiotics so you need to pray its a none viral illness. Also you have to hope something that can be diagnosed comes up. Not tested for HTLV. Will look into it. My partner of over a decade (which makes it even worse) is fine. I really hope I get a diagnosis as I bet we all do. Just time is not on our side as chronic infections do end life. They do not extend it :-(

I will keep coming back here as it does help to share with a stranger better than no one. I will even post if I finally get to the bottom of it. If I stop posting before that you will know why.

Good luck
Today odly enough the ear pains are not with me, the chronic armpit sweating is a constant feature.  One of my main problems and I suppose everyone's on here is that there are no visible symptoms which makes it hard to get a diagnosis and hopefully a fix.
There are very few women on this thread, I don't think any, because they are obviously not as unlucky as us.
Creation-

Get tested for HTLV and let us know the results.

If your last statement were true, it would mean that men can only pass this on to other men, which wasn't the case for me at least.  Luck doesn't have anything to do with it.  I believe that the difference in anatomy from men to women is the factor.
I will read up on HTLV before I get tested.  From first glance at the symptoms I do not think it is what I am dealing with.
Problem I have as well is that the doctors at my NHS practice think it's all in my head. I wish it was. So I keep having to pay for private testing. Not a good situation all around
Ear pains again not with me today.  Chronic armpit sweating persists.  It's almost impossible to get a diagnosis when there are no physical symptoms.  Doctors work on evidence based medicine.  Without anything to go off in way of symptoms we are fighting a losing battle to work out what is wrong with us.  I went to the GUM clinic in the UK today at the recommendation of the infectious disease consultant to get tested again for hep as my liver ALT was higher than normal.  Been and got tested for gon,chlam,syph,hep b,hep c, HIV.  See what the results are.  I know they will be negative.

The fruitless search to save my life continues.
Did you ask to be tested for HTLV while there?

Also, I'm curious, have any of the posters above been tested for HTLV?
Hi Raven,

I have not been tested for HTLV, though, after reading up on it, it seems fairly unlikely that it is the cause of many of these symptoms (in my case anyway).

I visited the GP yesterday and got prescribed 2 week dose of doxycycline so I will report back in 2-3 weeks to see if the symptoms have changed at all. At the moment my defining symptoms are still:

a) cyclical tongue patchiness (tender/red patches) occurring every 2-3 days
b) mildly irritated urethra and glans (glands) (more pronounced after sex/masturbation)
c) puffy and raised urethral opening/meatus

As a point of interest, the woman that I had unprotected sexual contact with before these symptoms developed has been frequently unwell recently - generally feeling unwell, sick, etc. Do not know if this is related (as she may have always been this way) but slightly disconcerting from my point of view.
Good luck with your prescription, tmb99.  Let us know how everything goes.  Did the GP actually diagnose a bacteria, or did he/she just decide to give you the antibiotic due to suspecting one?

I, too, am not convinced that it's HTLV, as generally almost no one (5%) of the people who have it ever develops symptoms, and even then, like most chronic viral infections, don't manifest until much later on.  Mine started 3 weeks after exposure.  But again, it may not hurt to be tested since that's the only thing I can think of that I have not been tested for.  Well, that, and XMRV, but there hasn't been any evidence that XMRV causes disease in humans (at least from my research).

Good luck!
I got the distinct impression the GP didn't really give much credit to my symptoms or suggestions, despite me grounding them in evidence from my experience over the past 8 months (since exposure).

I pushed for referral to a Urologist but was prescribed the doxy as a 'first response' I suppose (this will be useful to see if the symptoms change as I haven't had a course of antibiotics to treat the symptoms prior to this). She sort of mumbled something to do with Urethritis but didn't seem too sure at all. At least she said if the symptoms don't improve after the antibiotic course I could return for a referral.

Going off on a tangent somewhat, I've been a bit pissed off with the treatment/attitude of some medical professionals regarding this. I've seen several GU doctors about my problem and all they seem to care about are my test results for the 'big 4' STI's - not much scope for other considerations at all. It's like; "Oh, you've tested negative for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, and HIV, ergo your symptoms must be made up/imagined/exaggerated" - it's incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, I'll keep active on here and report back on any effects of the doxycycline course.

Yeah know how you feel that's why i went private tmb99

And creation 22 you are way off the mark with thinking this will kill you.

Well finished the Cipro guys, two weeks have gone by now and a symptom that returned is slight tingling in the testicles (epidydmitus / prostrate)? no pain

The coated tongue is still there sometimes but doesn't concern me to much as I stated above.

The only other thing I mentioned after calling the doc to update her today was left flank pain (well its not pain in any way but just noticeable like a slight twinge)

She says as the tingling has returned so quickly after a long course of Cipro she referred me to a Consultant Urologist named Dr Peter Asher in London Bridge. The reason for doing this that they are allowed to prescribe longer courses of Antibiotics (3 to 6 months) which is quite possibly what I need.

Not looking forward to a long old course again and def not Cipro as it screwed my Achilles heal. I'd rather live with what I have as it's not that bad at all.

I roll with Pelvic floor from an original infection (long gone now)
Chronic Epidydmitus in which there is no infection just inflammation (even though its so minimal its non existent)
Prostrate (again very hard to test and treat)  

Read up on it though as it can cause every symptom ive read on here when it's messed up somehow.

£200- £300 for the consultation or a PS4 ..............   God I wish I could turn back time.

Please everyone lets keep this thread positive as we all want to be cured and so should all share as much info as possible.

If after I've seen this fella he states not to worry that's exactly what I will do.

Keep you posted after the Urologist ............

http://www.baus.org.uk/Resources/BAUS/Documents/PDF%20Documents/Patient%20information/Chronic_epididymitis.pdf

http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=114

Two years in and the skin on my hands and feet peels and is hardening, the tongue's a major problem, frequent mouth ulcers and joints crack all over my body. I breathe in and crunch crunch crunch, everything contracts. My knees and ankles crack when I walk, as do my shoulders when I move them. It's like my whole body's drying up.

Raven - XMRV def isn't a human pathogen, though I've had conversations with Dr Mikovits and she's convinced there's a new retrovirus out there which is similar. My initial symptoms were, 100%, similar to ARS - rashes, night sweats, burning, tingling. It was horrific and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'm going to persist with this, speaking to the experts and figuring it out. If you guys think you have what I do, please please PM me and let's work together to get to the bottom of it. I'd love to forget about it, put it down to a "what the hell" moment, but that's not possible due to the continuing symptoms.

Oh and mine is definitely the Chinese virus! PS UK based...
I have been tested for HTLV and several times for HIV.

My salivary glands are producing few saliva hence my dry white tongue. My eyes are also producing less tears (confirmed with Schrimer test). So this means that I might have Sjorgen Syndrome. My question is: does anyone knows about people having this after a sexual encounter?

Test results here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoXYb8O_eRNhdHdKVERqWk8wOFBuOWxGb0dNOUw5LVE&gid=1

(CD4 count have droped to 515 from 667 - I will need to repeat this test in a few weeks)

Photos of my tongue here:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/list/2076759?personal_page_id=2596706

Have these problems for two years in a row now.

Going soon to the reumatologist to see what we will do.
Wilson- How do you know for sure that your suffering from the 'Chinese virus'?  I've read a bit about the symptoms of this Chinese virus, and I'm not so sure that your symptoms match it.  Plus, I've heard from more than one website that if someone gets this virus, there whole household gets it eventually (from sharing utensils and other things).  Is anyone else in your household suffering from symptoms?

Furthermore, if you're convinced that it is this Chinese virus, then there's really nothing to figure out...you'll just have to wait until doctors/scientists identify it and are able to treat it.

Best wishes.
Ashler-

I have the same tongue symptoms as you, however, I got a scrape test done on mine and found that it was a streptococus overgrowth.  I can't remember if you answered this above, but did you ever get a scrape test done on yours?  (Sorry, after 180 posts here, I really don't have the energy to scroll up and find the info lol).

Wow, that's a pretty low CD4 count!  Doctors must acknowledge that something is going on with you.  Do you get sick often?  I, too, thought my CD4 count would be extremely low given my symptoms, but when I had a test done, mine was at 1,500 (normal range).

I'm going on 2 years now too.  It's getting really old, but I don't know where to go next.

Best wishes to you, and let us know if you find anything out.
Hi raven,

My CD4 count are in the normal range, that's why the immunologist was not concerned. They might be low compared to yours, but some people just have higher CD4 and some other lower CD4 (regardless of any infection). For information my CD4% is stable (it was first 39% and then 37.1%) and my CD4/CD8 ratio is greater than 2.

Do you know what's your CD4% ?

No, I don't get sick often. I have a dry mouth and dry eyes problem. And yes, I had several oral swab tests done. The first time (June 2012) yeast was found. I have had several other tests and nothing was found. In 2013 some strange bacteria was found and now in 2014 another strange bacteria  was found (check my profile for my details). Since the role of saliva is keeping bacteria under control I am not surprised there's an overgrowth of this pathogens due my tongue dryness.
Raven - be interested to hear why you think my symptoms don't match the Chinese virus? I'd love it not too, but all seems way too similar what with the whole severe anxiety, tongue problems, gastro issues, chest pains, red eye, and now long lasting symptoms of ulcers, cracking joints, muscle spasms and peeling hands and feet, plus skin hardening. Haven't had any fatigue to date though. My view on the tongue thing is that this virus hits the mucus membranes, causing generalised dryness (skin, mouth, eyes) so therefore a lack of salvia to fight bacteria.

Have you guys been tested for HPV-16? One guy here had a lot of your symptoms and then his wife tested positive.

I've spoke to one guy in the UK (toughtime on medhelp) whose case fits mine perfectly.

I have definitely passed this on to one person...symptoms not as bad as mine, but still there. I don't share a house with anyone else so couldn't pass it to family members.

Having another chat to the microbiologist in the US this week. Will feed back.

Also - creation - please let us know you're still around and haven't done anything silly.
Still here. Living the nightmare
It's great wondering how much longer I have left to live each day
Can't have relations with my partner of over ten years as I cannot allow what has happened to me to happen to her
Every day wondering if it will be my last
I really wish I had the courage to end my life as I've ruined my one and only life but I do not have the balls to do it.
You play with fire, you get burned.
Today is my one year anniversary, one year ago today I ruined my life and my partners life.
Ashler-  Hmm...no, I don't know what my CD4% is; it may not hurt to get it checked though.  I've read that normal CD4 ranges from 500 to 1600, so I thought that yours was on the low end of normal.  But obviously you got it tested, and if the doctor says it's fine, then that's great.  I wonder why it fell though?  Let us know what the results are when you go back in in a few weeks.

That's an interesting theory on how if you aren't producing enough saliva, then bacteria thrive more.  I didn't know this.  How does it feel when you say you have a dry mouth?  Is it so dry that you have difficulty swallowing? The reason I'm asking is I don't feel as though I have a dry mouth; only the white coating on my tongue.  Do you have a copy of your test results?  I'd like to know the name of the bacteria they found on your tongue.
Wilson-  Ok, I've just read through the symptoms again on this Chinese virus.  Yes, you could be right, after I read through your symptoms again.  Did you ever get a CD4 count test?  It seems as though about 60% of the people who get this have a decrease in CD4 count, but then in most people, it returns to normal levels after a couple years.  Very strange.

How did you pass it on to someone else?  What was the encounter?  Seems like this virus is spread through saliva.  Did you kiss someone?

The only symptom of mine that I can match to this particular virus is the white-coated tongue.  My knees ache pretty bad when I run, which only started after this infection, but none of my joints 'crack'.  And my other joints seem to be fine.  No red-eye, no skin peeling, no loss of elasticity in my skin, no suicidal tendencies, etc, etc...

Please let us know about any further testing you have done.

Best wishes.
Creation-
You still don't know that this problem can't be taken care of.  Please keep your head up, man.  Try your best to go out and do things you love.  I know it's tough.

And here is something else to help:  if this does happen to be a chronic viral infection, keep in mind that Dr. Todd Rider from MIT has been working on a drug called DRACO, which has been known to kill any virus it treats (including HIV), while leaving uninfected cells unharmed.  Google this if you haven't already.  It hasn't been tested in humans yet, but he said that by the year 2022, it should be approved by the FDA and ready for human trials (if all tests go smoothly, which they have been so far).  I know that seems like a long ways away, but it's still hope and not really all that long away in the grand scheme of things.  And the even better news is that it's not just a theory; it's actually being tested and it works.

Keep your head up man.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

Best wishes to you, my friend.
Yeah it's an almost exact match to the Chinese virus, to the point it's kind of freaky. I wish I could find similar sufferers in the West to ascertain the trajectory of the virus. Will see another ID doc when back in the UK, but what's the chance of them finding anything of note, when thousands of people have seen numerous doctors and not made inroads? It's all a rather helpless feeling.

DRACO - very very interesting. Let's hope they hurry the fck up!

Creation, seriously man, you need to get some help. Your comments and thought processes aren't productive. See a therapist who will help you deal with this.

Raven, I wouldn't rule out HPV-16 as the cause of all your tongue problems.
Hi guys

I've set up a new forum to act as a central meeting places where all sufferers can work together to the bottom of our illness. Makes more sense than being scattered around hundreds of health sites. If you believe you have the same illness as me (most likely the Chinese virus) would you please do me a favour and post your story to get the ball rolling? The address is unknownstdDOTfreeforumsDOTnet

We just have to hope that something symptomatic presents that does not kill us.  

People with Lyme's can live with that for decades.  

I'm praying for something like that for us lot.
I'm also hoping that when it does kill me I'm still able to fake being well up to the point it kills me so no one will ever know I killed myself by mistake.  

Great having to hide from my partner I'm seriously ill because of something I did.  Another reason why I pray I can fake being well until I drop dead.

People who OD die a quick death, this slow death mess of a life is no life at all.
Creation-  First off, I believe there is a depression forum on this site; please go over there and talk to someone.  No one here is doubting that your symptoms are real, we believe you.  But from your posts, it's clear that you need to talk to someone who can help you professionally.  If there is no depression/anxiety forum here, please go to another site and speak with someone.  I'm just trying to look out for you man.

I can't remember if you already posted this or not since there are so many posts here, and so many sufferers to keep track of all the time, but you said that you want to hide this from your partner, correct?  Does your partner have any symptoms right now?  If so, what are they?
Hey Gents,

Saw the consultant urologist, got the prostrate checked, got bladder checked to see if its emptying properly, got epidemiologist checked physically. Finger up the bum again prostrate check.
Went through everything that happened and he smiled (grrrrr).
He told me the only thing to be concerned about was a small bit of flank pain, which he puts down to me drinking more nowadays. I had Kidney stones when a youth and it was in this left Kidney so i'm going to get some scans etc.

My symptoms have mostly gone but here they are:

- Dry sore eyes (very minimal) Not really noticeable unless i stare at screens all day
- Coated tongue (better but still there)
- Cold extremities (hands / feet but have always had this)
- Tingling of testis (very minimal again, probably due to what was an infection of some sort long gone)
-  Itchiness all gone now (sweeeeeet)

I've now had every professional tell me they see this everyday in people and its very common. They all think its my head telling my body to display these symptoms. Placebo effect.

They might be right as the power of the mind is crazy but I just don't buy that.

Gonna get my kidney checked and then that's probably the end of the road for me.

I'm not be bothered by any of these really remote symptoms that seem to be getting better and better over time.

Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is the best shout from Matt238 (thanks)

Whatever it was has long gone either killed by antibiotics or my immune system and now my body will either be like this forever or settle down. Either way I think I'm going to give it another  year and see where I am.

NO one on this thread has died yet I'm sure, so creation you need counselling bro.

I also think we all have different things which doesn't help anyone diagnosing.

I'll be back boys, but not for a while as for the last few weeks I've forgotton about it and its really really helped.

Peace Out .............

Good day all, saw this thread and figured I'd join in. I also have ongoing symptoms that I am dealing with daily after a low risk episode with s stripper back in early Feb. You can see my original post here: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Feeling-Hopless/show/2164093#post_10522289

Tested negative for HIV at 7 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weks. Tested negative for the standard STD's at 7 weeks. My ongoing daily symptoms are:

- White lines on side of tongue
- Feeling extremely tired
- Lost 25 pounds that I haven't gained back, mostly muscle mass
- Have reddish round patches that appeared on skin
- Pain in lower abdomen/stomach
- Night sweats
- Daily on/off chilss
- Chronic discomfort in throat
- Fungus on both large toe nails, cover about a quarter of the nail.

My PCP thinks its all in my head and I'm trying to make him understand how can some of these symptoms...i.e...fungus on toe nails...be stress related? Having difficulty having him refer me  to an ID specialist.

Id like to redo another round of STD test and add HTLV 1-2 and HPV-16. I could of also caught some type of bacteria or fungus like candidiasis but not sure if there's a test for that. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Hey, Rocko.

Welcome to the thread.  I read your other thread; trust the doctor (and tests that you've done) when it comes to HIV...you don't have it.

I don't think anyone here has found a definitive answer yet on what's causing their symptoms, and I don't think that everyone here is suffering from the same infection.  Repeat your STD tests if you would like, then leave it at that if they're all negative again...which they will be.

I've been wanting to take an HTLV 1-2 test also.  From my research, it seems like there is a lot of false positive antibody tests when it comes to HTLV.  I would recommend a PCR test instead to test for the actual antigen instead of the antibodies.

Can you describe these reddish round patches on your skin?  Maybe a photo of them if you can?

The only symptom I can match myself with yours is the fungus.  I don't have it on my toes, but around my genital area (scrotum) and anus.  It's slightly red in color (scrotum), it smells like yeast, and itches occasionally.  I had a scrape test and a candida antibody test to confirm this.  However, fluconazole/fungal creams do not get rid of it.  Your symptoms kind of remind me of Hepatitis B, but I'm no doctor.

My symptoms to date:

-Candida in genital area (confirmed by tests)
-white coated tongue (confirmed streptococus overgrowth)....this covers the entire top of my tongue; not the white lines on the side like yours.
-swollen lymph nodes in groin and armpits

These are the major symptoms that still persist.  During the first few weeks of my infection, I had a pain in my meatus that lasted for 10 weeks.  Had a cyscoptomy done, and they found that my prostate was inflamed.  Started on the exact same day when the candida presented itself.  Haven't been back to recheck my prostate after several antibiotics, but I believe I need to.  I also got 2 red, sore spots on my gums; one on the day my other symptoms started, and one 10 weeks after.  None since.  I still have a scar from the second one, but the doctor said it was nothing.  Herpes tests are all negative, including HSV-1.  Every once in a while, I have twitching muscles (mostly in my legs and shoulders), but it's not near as frequent as the beginning stages.

In conclusion, I don't have an answer for what's going on.  We'll just have to keep seeing new doctors and getting different opinions until we find out.  Hopefully, we can be treated for it and be cured.  Until then, please keep us posted on your test results and any symptom changes.

Best wishes.

Man Raven, I really appreciate your feedback and I also believe my symptoms could be Hep B or Candidiasis. I will push for another round of STD to get that out of the way, will try to add HTLV 1-2 and HPV-16...if I can ever get my PCP to refer me to an ID specialist.

My rash on my inner thighs are grouped together, with multiple red small circle spots while the ones on my back, shoulders and arms are more random bigger circle slightly red-pink patches. I will try to post pic of them in next few days.

I will pray that your symptoms go away Raven

Rocko

Raven. also wanted to add hon that for the last 4 months or so, I've tried to eat really well, lots of veggies and salads, daily supplements like oregano oil, chaga tea, olive leaf extract, multi-vitamin, drinking 10 glasses of water a day...doing everything I can to boost my immune system to fight whatever I'm dealing with but to no avail.

Still dealing with daily chronic symptoms: night sweats, extreme fatigue, sore throat, chills, hot head, toe fungus, white lines on side of tongue, rash...

I told my wife about the event and she has been extremely supportive (my only bright spot). She initially also believed that these symptoms were all in my head...or stress related...but once I started having toe fungus and body rash, I think she now realizes this is not just stress related symptoms happening.

OK so I took pics of my rash on my thighs and shoulder area but I'm not the most tekky person out there. I tried to copy/paste or drag the pics from my gmail account and dropped them on my desktop and tried to do the same but haven't figured out how to be able to post them on this thread.
Still here.  Stabbing ear pains no longer with me.  All I seem to be left with is chronic armpit sweating, I also now seem to be developing a permanent lump in my throat.
Creation-

That's good news.  I'm pretty sure a doctor will not be able to diagnose you based solely on the excessive sweating, but how's this lump?  Can you see it?  Maybe you can have a doctor look down your throat, and see what's going on.  I believe there are some other guys here in this thread that have complained about a lump in their throat also.  

Either way, I don't think the chronic sweating and the lump are reasons to believe you're going to die.  Keep going back to your doctors or get other opinions.  Chin up.  Good luck and best wishes.
I'm joining in.  February 1st, 2014 my nightmare started.  I am nearly certain I have contracted HIV.  My 12 tests disagree, though I still suffer physically and of course mentally.  I've taken seven 4th Generation tests, and five 3rd Generation tests and all of them have been conducted by a lab.  The only route I haven't tested with yet has been RNA.  I figure now what's the point for the RNA?  

I can't say the onslaught of what I thought was ARS was typical of what you read about on the internet...  For instance, I had chills but my temperature wasn't raised.  I never once saw my temperature reach over 99.1 yet I also had frequent night sweats.  I noticed my tongue was much more dry and metallic taste/smell.  My tongue appeared more white as well.  I noticed inflammation starting in my feet that moved into my forearms and hands.  Almost felt like a sunburn.  My hands and forearms were initially somewhat red, but that soon faded.  So I had the sunburn feeling in my forearms and hands but no significant redness appearance.  My gut started rumbling quite frequently as well and I initially had nausea just even thinking about food for a couple of days before it went away.  Toward the end of the 3 weeks my lymph nodes in my cervical chain on my neck, my armpits, and my groin had enlarged.  My anxiety was through the roof and I wasn't sleeping much if at all!  The initial symptoms lasted almost 3 weeks before other things started happening.

I started to notice my right hand/forearm was more numb and less sensitive to touch than my other forearm/hand.  Legs and arms went numb or fell asleep more easily than ever before just by simply bending my arms or crossing my legs.  My stools were full on loose or diarrhea with constipation and still are at 155 days, and my stomach gurgles and rumbles 24/7.  My stomach just never stops churning and making noise it seems!  I have constant throat gurgling too!  I am getting frequent twitching throughout my body, my tongue resembles geographic tongue, but I wake in the morning with a heavy white coating over top of it.  My sinuses seem stopped up constantly.  Joint pain especially when I try and run now which has never happened before.  It's bad, almost like I'm bolted together and all my hinges are coming undone.  I have random bouts of dizziness and tiredness now.  I have constantly gotten either a cold sore on my lip, or an ulcer inside my lip for 5 months now!  I've never felt so miserable in my life.  It baffles me what is going on with my body.  I have become obsessed.  I was never obsessed about anything!  Now this is all I think of day and night.  I wouldn't think about it if I just felt fine physically.  But I feel like crap!

The woman was West African.  It was protected vaginal sex.  Except I noticed a sore/abrasion on my shaft exactly in a spot that the condom wouldn't reach and it did penetrate her.  The place I went was dirty.  She was dirty.  And I really hate myself for stooping so darn low.  The abrasion must have happened from her grinding on me before the sex, or her giving my oral sex before vaginal and possibly cutting me with her tooth.  I'll never know how I got it, but I definitely saw it the next morning.  And then 1 week after all the craziness hit me.  I don't think I have the Chinese virus.  I think I have HIV.
Viewing 201-212 comments: