Infectious Diseases Community
Urgent - Quickly Multiplying Brain Lesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Please help!!!  My father has been in the Neuro CCU for 2 weeks now due to hemorrhagic stroke. MRI shows quickly multiplying brain lesions and steroids are not relieving the swelling.  Many tests have been done with no answer as to what's going on.  Some of these are CMV, Epstein Barr, Cyptococcus Antigen, Quantiferon TB Gold, TEE, PET scan, etc.  He had a renal transplant back in 2007 and so is immune suppressed. He was in India for 1 month and returned in March.

Brain biopsy is scheduled tomorrow and time is of essence. My humble request to you to review his images and provide any helpful input.  I will send you the images once you confirm receipt of this email.

Please help!!!
We are not doctors on these community forums. I'm so sorry your father is ill and going through all this. I am a microbiologist and cannot read Pet scans or CAT scans etc. I understand Laboratory results. If you need someone to look at PET scans you may want to go onto the Expert forum and for a small fee they have doctors on there that can read the scans. I can take a look at the laboratory work but I again I am not a doctor and can only give you advice.

The biopsy should help in the doctor giving you some results.

Regards,
mkh9