Infectious Diseases Community
Very scared and nervous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Very scared and nervous

Hi , i need your help please. i am a 50 year old male who had protected oral and vaginal sex with 2 sex workers on Dec 16th. one week later both of my eyes have become infected and the doctor called it blarphitis. swelling and infected around the eyelids. i am going crazy and very scared.i know that the condoms did not break. but im scred . can this eye infections be due to hiv infection. please help..
Seems unlikely if you were protected the entire time. At the very least you could have gotten some sort of infection in your eye as those symptoms do not sound typical of an initial HIV infection. Don't worry so much! I would recommend going ahead and getting tests for HIV and other std's JUST to be safe (it's a good idea for EVERYONE to be tested just to be safe.) Don't sweat it, get your bases covered, and realize how unlikely it is if you properly protected yourself.