Infectious Diseases Community
What is this itchy bump?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

What is this itchy bump?

I had a small, red bump that I picked at and it faded for a month. All of a sudden, I got a big, clear bubble with a little bit of yellow. It is really itchy! My doctor prescribed me mupirocin and it went away. Then I got it back 2 weeks later and it is soooo itchy! I finally just picked it off (gross, I know!) and a bunch of clear liquid came out. Today, it is really itchy and no longer a clear bubble, but a red itchy bump with a scab. What is it?
IT sounds like a Staph infection. If you even touch them they spread or keep coming back. You need to keep the antibiotic ointment on it until it clears and don't pick or touch it. Wash your hands often and wash anything that comes in contact with it. They are easily transmitted to others so try not to rub it on anyone or they get it too.