Infectious Diseases Community
What kind of infection is this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

What kind of infection is this?

Starting yesterday, I came down with some bad symptoms, which include fever, chills, body aches, headache (especially around eyes and forehead), nausea, but no runny nose and no sore throat. My temperature was at 99.9 deg to 100.1 deg. I broke out in a cold sweat.

I did get a flu shot this year.

Since all that started happening I did get a lot of sleep - basically I slept though all yesterday evening to this afternoon. I applied apple cider vinegar on a Q-tip to my ears, and immediately got relief from the nausea. I then drank some hot tea with organic honey, ate some raw garlic (which also helped a lot with the fever), and drank apple cider vinegar solution.

The fever came back as bad as ever after I slept some more. I then snorted an apple cider vinegar solution in each nostril and that seemed to help with the ache around the eyes and forehead.

To be honest all last week I only got about 4 hours of sleep on the average and the weather outside got colder. So my immune system was on the low side.

Would you say this is a bacterial infection? Or is it a viral infection?
It sounds like you got a virus. It may be a strain of the flu that wasn't in the vaccine or that you were only partially immune to. There are some bad strains out there this year. If you get worse such as a bad cough that is very productive, see the doctor but wear a mask and tell them you have a virus. But so far it sounds like you are fighting it off. Drink fluids and get rest. Eat when you feel like it.
Hope you feel better soon.
mkh9
My fever went up to 102 last night. It felt like a bomb exploded in my head. I saw the doctor today. She said it was viral, not bacterial, and because my temp was back down to normal, that my body fought off whatever it was.

Yesterday, at the height of my illness, I did get a dry cough and threw up some soup that I ate. But today I'm feeling much better.
Yes it sounds much like the flu. Sorry you were ill. I hope you are close to being over it. It must have been a strain that wasn't in the vaccine.