Why won't my mrsa wounds scab over or grow new skin?
I was diagnosed with a staph infection, and I was prescribed bactrim for 10 days. It wasn't enough to knock it out completely though, and I went to another doctor who put me on doxycycline and mupirocin ointment. I have these wounds on my inner thighs, and under my arm from where my underwire irritated my skin and caused trauma to skin. They are extremely painful and I was just wondering why they aren't scabbing over? Couldnt find information online about it at all. The one on my leg has been open for 4 weeks and the one under my arm 2 weeks. The one on my leg isn't painful anymore, and seems to be closing in from the bottom layers up, but, like I said, it is still open.

Also, I noticed tons of people on this subject like to take over other peoples thread to get answers for their simular problem, please make your own post to do this. Don't post on mine, I'm looking for answers, not to hear about other's simular problems.