Infectious Diseases Community
Worried and paranoid about hiv
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried and paranoid about hiv

I got tested for hiv. at 2 and 12 week since my first and last Sexual Experience. It was all negative. Should i still be worried if i have it?

Im experiencing cough and colds right now, Im at my 18th week now.

Is it true that Flu Vaccine affects the result of the test? i got the flu vaccine at 5th week.

Please answer. Thank you
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Ideally a HIV antibody test should be done within a month of exposure (negative in your case).   Almost everyone who is infected will have a positive antibody test within 3 months. Hence it should be repeated after 3 months (negative in your case). Last test should be done at 6 months for slow antibody developers. If this is negative HIV is ruled out. So yes, though the chances of test being positive at 6 months are very less, do go for that to completely rule out the disease.
A flu shot can give a positive HIV ELISA test, so since you have been negative, your test has not been affected.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank