Infectious Diseases Community
acne like rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

acne like rash

A few days ago i woke up to a small cluster of pimple like bumps on my left check along with itching, redness and the area was dry. I tried not to scratch the bumps, but i did! I woke the next morning and the area spread, then again the following morning and now my left check has been oozing with a small amount of pus, itching, pimple like bumps (whiteheads) and i have to keep washing my face to get rid of some of the crust and (im guessing) flakes! Im starting to get the same signs of what started out as a rash on my right cheek and a few bumps on my chain. I bought some aquahor (because at first i thought it was dry skin) and some cortizone 10. The aquahor and cortizone helped with the itching but the rash or infection is still present.  Ive looked at pictures of impetigo/ infantigo because those seem to be my symptoms but my face doesnt look at all as bad as what ive seen. Any other idea of what this could be and how to treat it?