Infectious Diseases Community
cat scratch 6 days ago , rabies chance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

cat scratch 6 days ago , rabies chance

Even gotten help from some good people in medhelp , I still don't know where I should exactly post this question to and how to face , when to end up .
  6 days ago , about 6:00 pm I saw a wild cat near my office , I play with her and feed something , it seems gently and mew to me , then I hug it and walk for about 30 seconds and try to bring it to my office , once inside the door she is go nervous and scratched me . There were 3 wounds and some blood . SO
  1. I wash the wound immediatly  , but only use water , several seconds .
  2. After washing , I rubbing alcohol on my woounds .
  3. Go to the hospital , the doctor simply clean the wound , rubbing iodine tincture 2.5 hours later , and get 2 rabies vaccine and a tetanus vacine after a skin test  3.5 hours later .
  4. Before I was scratched , at least in 2 minutes , I'm sure the cat didn't lick her claw .
  5. Today's noon I saw it again ( it pregnant or have a little fat abdomen , that I'm sure it's the same cat in our company yard ) . it walk in sunshine , seems very normal , not far away there is a car passed away and she didn't showed panic .

There is no ANIMAL CONTROL here and I'm not sure whether I can see it again .
  What the rabies chance ?
  What should I do during and after the shots ?
  When I can be sure it's OK ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? As long as you complete the rabies shots and the cat is not dead or show any changes, rabies is unlikely.  Usually for rabies, critical time is the first 2 weeks but of course varies depending on a variety of factors such as your medical history and symptoms present. Take the medications as prescribed and have regular follow-up with your attending physician. Take care and best regards.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Dr , when you say " critical time " do you mean the usual time for immune system to generate enough antibody ?
I plan to check the antibody and titre on the 18th day , is that too later ?
And as I have to mail the blood to another city , will the titre in the blood leave my body increase or reduce if the ice box is no t so well ?
Thanks for your help .