Infectious Diseases Community
epididymitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

epididymitis

hello there,

my name is matt and im 19 years old.

i have a few questions which i would be thankful if someone may answer.
i went to the doctors a couple of days ago with a pain in th left side of my testicles in which the doctor has started treating me for epididymitis in which i will be back for a check up in two weeks. since then i have been troubling having a number two (sorry for lack of better word) and when i try i believe im not getting it all out. i also have a slight burning sensation when peeing. now in january i had a full std test completed in which results all came back negative to my relieve at the time. i have a girlfriend of 3 years who i have once unfortuantely cheated on however this was 10 months ago (which i regret completely).

my parents and everyone around me believe it must be a urine infection/bladder infection however my question is would i be having trouble having a number 2 if i had such an infection?

thank you very much for your time and i welcome your questions

regards

Matt

With having the infection (epididmitis) it should not cause you to have trouble going #2 but some antibiotics and other pills can cause constipation. I would eat more fruits and veggies and try metamucil once a day. See if that helps. Did I answer all your questions?
yes you did thank you

i will give it a go and hopefully normal service is resumed!
Let me know if you have any other questions. If you still have a problem you can try prunes etc. If you are on any meds that cause constipation like pain meds you may want to try something like Miralax for a week then start the Metamucil and stop the Miralax. You will have to see how it goes.
mkh9