esr > 80 in tuberculosis
male, age 73
treatment for TB
completed 2 months with one AKT4 kit daily
ESR was  80

What does it say?
HI,
How are you? An ESR or erythrocyte sedimentation rate may be used to monitor whether the illness such as tuberculosis is becoming more active or flaring up. Normal values for men over 50 years old is usually less than 20 mm/hr but this range may vary slightly among different laboratories. Aside from infection such as tuberculosis, an increased ESR rate may be due to a variety of issues such as anemia, cancers, kidney disease, thyroid disorders and autoimmune disorders. It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper evaluation. It is also recommended that you take the medication as prescribed for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks Dr. Santos, for reviewing and putting your expert comments.

Apparently sputum & AFB report found clean, no bacilli found. X-ray report shows improvements.

Dr. started the next course medication.

One thing which I forgot to mention is that he is recently diagnosed sugar  which is under control using medication.

On the other hand he is fighting with indigestion and doesn't like to eat his food at all.
my father in law is 75 years old. they have a cough. and esr is 80. and in x.ray showing blunting of right costophrenic angle suggestive of pleural thickening so plz guide me and tell me what is it ?