external vaginal itch
I am a 22 yr old female and sexually active.  About 3 yrs. ago, I developed an intense vaginal itch that i thought was a yeast infection.  It kept on coming and going for about six months, each time with a white discharge.  My vagina had a curdled milk appearance each time.  These symptoms however always disappeared.   After 6 months,  the white discharge became brown, and a fishy smell came from the vagina.  The smell worsened. I decided to visit a gynecologist.  He told me it was a mixture of yeast and bacterial vaginosis.  The treatment he prescribed worked.  Those symptoms never re-appeared.  

Recently, I had a boyfriend.  After about 3 months in the relationship we started having unprotected sex.  The vaginal itching suddenly returned.  This time, no discharge or foul smell.  The itching was strictly confined to the external vagina.  It's a terrible itch that i experience every month, a week after my period. The vagina looks and smells normal, it just itches!

Does someone have any idea what is happening to me?  Could my previous condition be returning?  Could it be an STD?  

so if there isnt any discharge or smell.

you might be allerige to his sperm!
It could be the pads or tampons that are not agreeing with your body. The Vagina is a sensitive area to those kinds of things. I had the same thing, and just switched the pad I was using and everything was ok...